• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Sorry, I should have phrased this better...

IF a CCW was to be permitted to current and former members of the military for residents of Maryland the synopsis would then read...

Specifying that a license issued by another state [AND] to an individual who is a current or former member of the armed forces of the United States to carry a regulated firearm, including a concealed regulated firearm, is valid in Maryland.

Notice how the meaning changes with the word AND placed where I have it in red.

OR maybe I am misunderstand you...are you stating that Maryland residents will be allowed to obtain a CCW if they are a current or former member of the military?

I am not sure about residency requirement per se, I guess you can establish residency in PA, obtain the CCW and "live" in Maryland; in this matter of speaking you would be able to obtain the CCW in Maryland

I think I understand where are looking at this differently.
    I'm lloking at it as already having a Virginia non resident permit, whereas you are looking at getting a Maryland permit as a resident.

you don't have to keep modifying your origional post, I'm having trouble keeping up with our conversation.:thumbsup:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I am not sure about residency requirement per se; you can establish residency in PA, obtain the CCW in PA and "live" in Maryland; in this matter of speaking you would be able to obtain the CCW in Maryland.

I am a resident of Maryland, and I have a Florida permit and a Virginia non resident permit.
    Pennsylvania won't issue a permit to a non resident unless you have a permit in your home state. Exception to this is if your state doesn't issue permits.:thumbsup:

hydroplane

Feb 10, 2010
    Urbana, Maryland
    I guess I should have looked at your signature, since you currently have a VA CCW, then yes, if it passes you would be set (as it is so written).

I heard it is fairly easy to obtain a CCW in VA, I assume they have a residency requirement? If you no longer claim residency in VA (assuming you don't) your CCW is still valid?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I guess I should have looked at your signature, since you currently have a VA CCW, then yes, if it passes you would be set (as it is so written).

I heard it is fairly easy to obtain a CCW in VA, I assume they have a residency requirement? If you no longer claim residency in VA (assuming you don't) your CCW is still valid?

I've never been a resident of Virginia. my permit was obtained through the mail, All you need to do is go to their web site, request their packet, and follow the instructions an there you have it.:party29:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I read it as stating an Individual, I don't see anything about residency requirements. Maybe I missed something.

117.1. 2
    A LICENSE ISSUED BY ANOTHER STATE TO AN INDIVIDUAL WHO IS A [FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook][FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook]3 [/FONT][/FONT]CURRENT OR FORMER MEMBER OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED [FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook][FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook]4 [/FONT][/FONT]STATES TO CARRY A REGULATED FIREARM, INCLUDING A CONCEALED [FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook][FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook]5 [/FONT][/FONT]REGULATED FIREARM, IS VALID IN THIS STATE.

This post kinda looked like I was trying to be an a$$, but I cut and pasted it out of the bill itshowed up that big and I didn't realize it until after i posted it.:D

Yeah, I sorta had that feeling too. Too bad there isn't instant message on this :rolleyes:

I'm going to get my paperwork in for VA! :D

Igot the Virginia permit first because it was quick and I travel for work alot. I got the Florida for their state and it covers a few more, both because of the training requirements since I live so far out and getting training around here is like finding hens teeth.

jay_e_jay

Jan 18, 2010
    Looking at the information provided for the bills already heard specifically HB-52 it says strongly support, does that mean the bill was strongly supported by the senators or delegates? If so, what is the next steps?
    Also, I've already sent emails to all the Maryland Delegates requesting their support for this bill is there anything else I can do to help get this passed?

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Welcome Jay,

"Strongly Support" is the position of Maryland Shall Issue (MSI) and the members of Maryland Shooters (MDS).

HB52 (Reciprocity) hasn't made it out of committe or even scheduled for a hearing in committee unfortunately.

On the other hand, HB683 (Repeal of Finding) IS scheduled for hearing on March 11th (along with a bunch of other anti-gun bills) and would be favorable to HB52.
    http://mlis.state.md.us/2010rs/billfile/HB0683.htm

Welcome BTW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom