• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter56

Aug 28, 2015
    I guess to hell with the millions of law abiding citizens who have guns for home self defense, the some 21 million active target shooters, 14 million hunters, untold numbers of collectors and hobbyists. Not to mention our natural right and our second amendment protecting that right. I dread the day the Democrats get their way. The sheer ignorance of these people is mind boggling.

https://www.capitalgazette.com/opinion/columns/ac-ce-column-tierney-20190605-story.html

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    It sounds like she just wants to remove them from the Annapolis community roughly 40K people. To work effectively LEOs must not be exempt as they are susceptible to everything she mentioned as the cause. Funny how Capital comments are turned off.

Rebel59

Hater of Kings and Queens
    Apr 8, 2018
    Went fishing
    " I worry that someone could walk into City Council chambers and shoot"

Someone eh...….Keep treading on the freedom of others and there will be no need to worry about one.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    first, let's remove cell phones and alcohol, and heck, cars, as they are causes in drunk and distracted driving deaths. nah, we don't really care about people dying.

It sounds like she just wants to remove them from the Annapolis community roughly 40K people. To work effectively LEOs must not be exempt as they are susceptible to everything she mentioned as the cause. Funny how Capital comments are turned off.

Been off since the shooting at their office,so they can voice their opinions without hearing anyone else's.:sad20:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Funny how she sees her concerns as a good and sufficient reason to strip away everyone else's ability to defend themselves, while we see an instinct to be able to defend ourselves as the only reason we should need to prevent her desire to infringe on that right. Hypocrisy, thy name is Annapolis.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Sounds like she is afraid that her decisions may have tangible consequences, which all big decisions have. Is the benefit worth the risk? Sounds like panic.

Q

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Deep seated, not deep seeded.
    The entire jumbled article is embarrassing.
    I don’t even know what language this is:
    This employee cited public responses to staff decisions that include false, over-the-top accusations. I believe, these public accusations are bred of hostility, are more than just “opinions” and as civic employees we are not equipped to address.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Their Twitter page isn't... :innocent0

ETA: Elly should seek treatment for her paranoid delusions. "No Elly, they aren't coming after you with guns..."

redeye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 13, 2019
    If she’s worried about that happening, then maybe that might be a hint to herself that she’s pissing people off in her capacity as a junior tyrant city council member.

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    Wait... I'm new to MD so may be off here... But in my experience city council rooms are gun free zones... How on earth would someone get past that sign..? I mean, such signage has been proven to work elsewhere right..? Has she no faith in the liberal system..?

Next you'll be telling us the only thing that stops a committed bad guy with a gun is a committed good guy with a gun...

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Naturally, she will be the one personally going door to door to do so right? I mean, having the courage of her convictions and all....

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    So she admits the core problem is "Mental Health", but we need to take everyone's firearms away because she feels that's the fastest solution to keep people from getting hurt. Wow, no critical thinking skills there.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's interesting how many people don't stop to think about the logistics of taking everyone's firearms. How many people wouldn't turn them in. How a brisk black market would arise. How alternative methods of destruction, like explosives, would be employed. So short sighted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom