• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I don't really get this. It would seem to me that one of the things the police would check now upon a felony conviction is whether the person has registered firearms.

^ This. This bill seemed more like the-police-are-not-doing-their-job-upon-conviction bill. Are you telling me when executing a search warrant that they have checked for registered firearms? Are you telling me detectives don't check whether suspects have a handgun registered to them which may match the crime gun? Really?

Previoysly non-regulated long guns and shotguns aren't registered. Any gun, even handguns, obtained through out-of-state c&r is not registered. (c&r handguns transferred WITHIN Maryland would have a 77r and therefore would be registered.)
    (updated to reflect "non-regulated" - all long guns now are non-regulated and thus not registered - damn Maryland convoluted crap mess laws)

Right, this would only affect Maryland registered firearms. Now maybe upon conviction you got your girlfriend to stash that shottie in her place for 5-10, because we all know you'll get a suspended sentence and be out in less than 1. Yet somehow most crime guns are still pistols...

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Is there s requirement that I register all of my firearms?

I said, registered, the article is about registered, yeah, I get it, the police can't know all the firearms someone has. I didn't read anything that changes that, again, the article says "registered".

Last edited:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Just wait until we get a few no knock warrants, get a few people on both sides killed, and find out that others no longer have their prior registered firearms because they legally sold them (or lost them while fishing), and the database is proven to be inaccurate and incomplete in part because of those sales, and in part because criminals don't register their weapons in the first place. They will fill the jails, revoke probations, and clog the courts, but none of that will matter of course because it will have been for the children . . . and they will have fabricated a need to track private sales and transfers, even out of state transfers through FFL's, and to keep it all simple they will try to require us to re-register what we have every 6 months - which of course won't solve the problem with the criminals with guns. I am sure that's exactly what the founding fathers had in mind.:sad20: Not me, I am not playing that game.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It would not surprise me that 10% of the guns in Maryland are possessed by felons however the guns most felons posses are illegal guns that are not registered in the first place. Many stories about arrests of previously convicted felons mention the possession of a gun which is illegal for a convected felon. Unfortunately gun possession with a strict minimum sentence is one of the first charges plea bargained away.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The magic word is now "recover"... as if they belonged in the State's possession in the first place.

I've heard that one used for the restraining order bill in CA. The congresswoman also said, "repossess."

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Just an opinion not a fact and nothing to back it up but I'd say....from what I've seen.....that I'll probably agree 10% of gun owners in general are felons.

I'll agree to the extent that probably 10% of gun possessors in MD are felons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom