Del. Smiegal open carries...see what happens.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Behind what appears to be a commercial buiding with not a single passersby? Try this in Annapolis, you'll be hog tied on the curb while they sort things out.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I'm a lil' sleepy so I might have missed this if already asked... will we be seeing this as a presentation tomorrow in the HJC room?

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I'm not sure i see the point of this video....besides bringing up the fact that we are allowed to open carry a rifle which allows them to further supress our rights for a concealed carry option.

To show how using your legal option is not the best choice for all involved and to repeal G&S to allow for concealed carry for the purposes of self defense.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I'm a lil' sleepy so I might have missed this if already asked... will we be seeing this as a presentation tomorrow in the HJC room?

I have a feeling that is the whole purpose of this. I can't see him doing this video and releasing it when he did without using it!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    it may be staged but it gives good points..

wonder if he's going to take that video and show it tomorrow on gun day in annapolis

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    A few things bother me:

None of the LEO believe the AG said this and even say they don't care that they can't let people just walk around with a rifle. If it's legal they can't really stop anyone.

The delegate was told,to secure the rifle in his car, he was ordered to stop a legal act by the sheriff. If it's legal............

Maybe I'm just being silly, but........

Great example and video, but I agree a normal citizen would have been treated differently and the outcome would have been different.
    TD

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I have a feeling that is the whole purpose of this. I can't see him doing this video and releasing it when he did without using it!

I think I kinda' knew the answer to that one, but I had to at least lob it out there...

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I guess if anyone was going to do it... why not let it be Del. Smiegal.

Yessirreeeeee!

Who cares if it was controlled.

You know...

it may be staged but it gives good points..

wonder if he's going to take that video and show it tomorrow on gun day in annapolis

Tomorrow, those gun grabbing delegates are gonna look out at the sea of 2A supporters and envision every stinking one of us doing that exact thing.

Bet there will be a few panicked phone calls over to Gansler tomorrow to find out wtf he said. :)

It's gonna be priceless. Absolutely priceless.

I like Mike.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Yessirreeeeee!

Who cares if it was controlled.

You know...

Tomorrow, those gun grabbing delegates are gonna look out at the sea of 2A supporters and envision every stinking one of us doing that exact thing.

Bet there will be a few panicked phone calls over to Gansler tomorrow to find out wtf he said. :)

It's gonna be priceless. Absolutely priceless.

I like Mike.

I have something like that in my testimony for the CCW bills.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Earlier I noted that the video was staged because you could hear the Deputy's voice on the soundtrack before he exits his patrol car.

As Rack observed, everyone was mic'ed up.

What was the purpose of this video?

Not staged, no previous call that I am aware of.

It's OK to stage this scenario…..even Del. Smigiel calls it a "scenario" on his web page.

They could have filed under the Public Information Act and got a copy of the dispatch tape.

Then you take some time to edit the whole thing for the sake of having it all make sense...and BANG.

It doesn't look all that fake to me...the only fake thing I could see is unless the Corporal realized that Mr. Smiegal was a politician the odds of him getting the Sheriff to respond on request is pretty unlikely.

I would have my doubts that a Sheriff would allow his department to be embarrassed in a video like that. His corporal was pretty obviously misinformed on the carrying laws unless they were going to make an attempt at "Disorderly Conduct" or "Disturbing the Peace" arrest.

Name Taken, if the Deputy's voice from when he was still in the cruiser was taken from Dispatch channel it would have had that AM radio/telephone sound that the Dispatcher's voice had. The Deputy's voice was full-spectrum hi-fi and thus from a mic on his lapel. It was staged.

As for the Deputy, he conducted himself right in line with the Sheriff's policy and with MD protocols up to now.

I'm grateful there was no attempt to label this video as having actually happened. The blowback from a 2A politician offering up an "instructive" video as being real would be bad news.

Carry on.....

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    It was done to prove a point. That CC is a better idea than what Gansler has said is legal which is LGOC. It was done to show that if we really wanted to, we could and it would be perfectly legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom