• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Yeah, I saw you post those dates in another thread and figured you knew an FFL that was willing to release the firearm to you before MSP came back with the approval. Then again, maybe you are an FFL. Have no idea how it works for FFL's that decide to purchase a gun for personal use.

I do work at a FFL, but no early release there (Scotts)

Who is your FFL?

Sorry, Unless they advertise themselves I cannot release that info.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    If my FFL did indeed send my paperwork off sometime early Feb (I dated it 2/14) then I've been waiting 69 days. A call to MSP said they could not find anything between 2/14 and 2/20, so they either sat on it for a while or never sent it.

If they never sent it then I've been waiting since 4/1 for a double submission and just placed a call to MSP to confirm THAT was received, but I was only able to leave a voicemail. Oh and I'm still waiting to hear back on my collector's permit from either 1/27 or 3/12. Take your pick :sad20:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    If my FFL did indeed send my paperwork off sometime early Feb (I dated it 2/14) then I've been waiting 69 days. A call to MSP said they could not find anything between 2/14 and 2/20, so they either sat on it for a while or never sent it.

If they never sent it then I've been waiting since 4/1 for a double submission and just placed a call to MSP to confirm THAT was received, but I was only able to leave a voicemail. Oh and I'm still waiting to hear back on my collector's permit from either 1/27 or 3/12. Take your pick :sad20:

Somebody does not like you. At least I got my Designated Collector approval back the first week of April after sending it in March 1.

raff696

Nov 1, 2008
    What really burns me about all of this is the sad fact with all the talk of extra man power and OT. I can not belieave people are buying in me more then anywhere else. The wait times should be less not more. ! We should be at least at maybe 30 days not double that! WTF!!

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    What really burns me about all of this is the sad fact with all the talk of extra man power and OT. I can not belieave people are buying in me more then anywhere else. The wait times should be less not more. ! We should be at least at maybe 30 days not double that! WTF!!

Amen, brother! They've had more than enough time to get a handle on this.

It's intentional.

Last edited:

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Somebody does not like you. At least I got my Designated Collector approval back the first week of April after sending it in March 1.

That seems to be a given. I had to have the MSP FFL Auditor contact my FFL to tell THEM to release my unregulated rifles as unregulated. If any of the big wigs with MSI or SAF want to use my right denied as a test case, I am open and willing. I have two regulated rifles and 4 handguns sitting at my FFL, the earliest from 2/8 and the latest from 4/8.

If COMAR says a response must be given within 14 days after receiving paperwork for a Designated collector, after which the notarized form will serve as your approval, then I've been once since 2/9.

So based on that, I should already be in possession of all my regulated firearms because it has been more than 7 days since my last purchase, but because of how screwed up everything is, I can't file any paperwork, in part because my FFL fights with me instead of with me.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    That seems to be a given. I had to have the MSP FFL Auditor contact my FFL to tell THEM to release my unregulated rifles as unregulated. If any of the big wigs with MSI or SAF want to use my right denied as a test case, I am open and willing. I have two regulated rifles and 4 handguns sitting at my FFL, the earliest from 2/8 and the latest from 4/8.

If COMAR says a response must be given within 14 days after receiving paperwork for a Designated collector, after which the notarized form will serve as your approval, then I've been once since 2/9.

So based on that, I should already be in possession of all my regulated firearms because it has been more than 7 days since my last purchase, but because of how screwed up everything is, I can't file any paperwork, in part because my FFL fights with me instead of with me.

I have one answer for you, switch to another FFL. If your FFL cannot even figure out what is and is not regulated, it is time to move on. The rest of it is just an additional headache.

Ninety9Soulz

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
    Feb 23, 2013
    Wish I would have made note of the day my FFL had me fill out the paperwork...All I know is it's been 3-4 weeks. Hope I don't have to wait over 70 days like some of you guys...

Bought 2 M&P 9's, one for the collection, one for heavy use, I just want my guns :sad20:.......

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    I went to 3 guns stores on Saturday and there wasn't much to chose from so you would think things should be getting better right? Less guns for sale now should equal less paperwork being sent in. Could they just be using the excuse and fning with us?

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I am surprised that we haven't heard from any of the legislature on why this is happening (I know they have been asked to look into it). At least I haven't seen one.

Also, wondering if any of the lawyers on here have thought about using courts, etc to force a quicker turn around.

It seems like the State is giving a wink and a nod to the MSP to go slow or slower. I can't believe that more and more people are increasing the purchases that much to move from 7 days to 60+ days. If this continues then a purchase by June 30 will be received in 2014.

Dichotmist

Dec 17, 2012
    California, MD
    I'm at 57 for one and 3 days on another here. I read somewhere on here that MSP can approve 300 a day, but are receiving 400. If those numbers are true it's no wonder why the wait time is growing...:mad54:

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I went to 3 guns stores on Saturday and there wasn't much to chose from so you would think things should be getting better right? Less guns for sale now should equal less paperwork being sent in. Could they just be using the excuse and fning with us?

Not really, even dealers with low inventory are still overwhelmed with transfer paperwork that, in turn, gets handed to MSP, so everybody is still busy.

I spent 7 solid hours yesterday just completing, collating and faxing Form 77s, and the other associated confettie. Never even got our guns out of the vault onto the shelves.

After that 42 guns had to go into the book. Anyway, maybe stores are low on stock, but LOTS of guns are still moving through the system.

Jul 1, 2012
    Submitted 1/23/2013
    Received back at FFL 4/23/2013 !!
    I actually forgot about this one, it was so long ago. Sucks because it was a WWII P.38 and the out-of-state seller wouldn't send to me on my C&R. FFL called it a P9 and didn't put down manufacture date so that probably didn't help. Note to self - double-check!

Submitted 2/22/2013 - still waiting. This FFL has gotten a handful back from 2/23 but not for earlier dates that week. No rhyme or reason.

In the meantime, several C&R pistols have been eagerly received direct with no fuss or muss and added to the safe. So at least we've got that going for us.
    It definitely seems that being a MD Designated Collector and/or making multiple regulated firearm purchases in the recent past doesn't mean doodley squat. At least not for me.

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Intentional. Also not discounting complete and utter incompetence. However, I still lean towards intentional.... that rat bastard O'Malley.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN

Not true. Since other states aren't under the gun like Maryland supply's are getting better there. So allot of Transfers are coming into the state right now.

Thanks
    Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom