!Amid surging homicides, Pugh issues 'Call to Action' for Baltimore residents!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Article called out that the Nation of Islam was there for the announcement. Southern Poverty Law Center list them as a hate group and I think DoD still list them as such. When you choose partners like that...........

Exactly. How are the Jewish residents of Baltimore City going to feel knowing the mayor reached out to a group led by a rabid anti-semitic separatist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    Exactly. How are the Jewish residents of Baltimore City going to feel knowing the mayor reached out to a group led by a rabid anti-semitic separatist?

The same as always: indifferent. How any Jew can support Leftist politicians and their anti-freedom policies eludes me given their very recent history.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Somehow they seem to support any politician than puts Israel second on the bus. I don't understand how they don't get mad and just fight. Somehow they choose to forget the holocaust

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    The same as always: indifferent. How any Jew can support Leftist politicians and their anti-freedom policies eludes me given their very recent history.

I was born and raised Jewish and I can't figure out why nearly all of my relatives and the people they know are liberals. Conservatives have consistently supported the nation of Israel. My only Jewish relative that was a conservative was my grandfather. He is the one that convinced me to join the Army. He presented me with my saber when I was assigned to the 3d ACR as a Cavalry officer.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    Somehow they seem to support any politician than puts Israel second on the bus. I don't understand how they don't get mad and just fight. Somehow they choose to forget the holocaust

I was born and raised Jewish and I can't figure out why nearly all of my relatives and the people they know are liberals. Conservatives have consistently supported the nation of Israel. My only Jewish relative that was a conservative was my grandfather. He is the one that convinced me to join the Army. He presented me with my saber when I was assigned to the 3d ACR as a Cavalry officer.

I don't even mean directly in relation to Israel. Even the gun control stuff. How can you not look at the despots of the world, one in particular we all might remember from Germany, and realize that an armed populace is a safe and resilient populace. The agends most American Jews support seem directly in opposition to their best interests. Of course, you could make that argument about just about any identity group that supports the Left.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I don't even mean directly in relation to Israel. Even the gun control stuff. How can you not look at the despots of the world, one in particular we all might remember from Germany, and realize that an armed populace is a safe and resilient populace. The agends most American Jews support seem directly in opposition to their best interests. Of course, you could make that argument about just about any identity group that supports the Left.

True. When you look at stats for ethnically motivated crimes, the highest number is always against Jewish people. We should be the most vociferous advocates of gun rights.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013

We as Americans have a history of fighting. From our roots in the 17th century Americans fought to ensure our freedoms. We broke away from the British through battle. This struggle was for freedom. Freedom of many things "taxes, representation, and control of ones own life. Americans today have no idea what our founding fathers fought for. Today's history classes don't even discuss how America was founded. Shame on today's social studies teachers for not telling the truth of what America was founded on.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    The obsession with making the unlicensed carrying of a firearm a felony reflects willful blindness.

First and foremost, anyone convicted of carrying a handgun illegally is currently subject to a maximum punishment of 3 years in prison. That sentence is almost never imposed.

Second, first degree murder, attempted first degree murder and first degree rape carry maximum sentences of life imprisonment. Armed robbery, first degree burglary and first degree assault carry maximum sentences of twenty years imprisonment. If these sentences were actually imposed and not suspended or converted to probation we would not be having the problems we see today.

If memory serves me correctly, mandatory sentences were brought up when SB281 was under consideration and the legislature refused to impose mandatory sentences for firearms offenses stating that too many people would get locked up and the costs would be too high.

More posturing and virtue signalling.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Kevin Davis acknowledges at it is "less risky" to be caught by the police for carrying a firearm(illegal) than be on the streets of Baltimore without a gun.

Comments begin around minute 10:00 of the audio.

http://www.wbal.com/article/243828/...rug-case-a-major-step-toward-curbing-violence

Kevin Davis is about as anti-gun as they come, so I would not misinterpret this. He also is pushing for the legislature to add a new illegal gun possession felony because judges are giving light sentences for the existing illegal gun possession felony. :whack:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom