• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Bought this for a running gun to be carried in Pistol Wear Waist holster. Have a bodyguard .380 but wanted a second pistol. Haven’t picked it up. Anyone have one?Lighter trigger, no safety and lighter by a couple ounces. What do you think?

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I was looking hard at one, but passed. It's a striker-fired handgun meant to be pocket-carried

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    I was looking hard at one, but passed. It's a striker-fired handgun meant to be pocket-carried
    The LCP II is actually hammer fired

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    0ee2be17f22fbd2fead871679f34c8b8.jpg

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have had the opportunity to shoot one. The trigger is, I think, nice and crisp. it's not a long heavy pull like a S&W. Ruger states it (supposedly) cannot discharge unless the trigger is pulled. it's supposed to have some sort of disconnect. It is somewhat snappy to shoot and maybe a Pachmayr "tactical glove" would help. If I owned one, I would definitely paint the front sight ramp white or orange. It is a very light and small package and could easily be pocketed. It has a reputation for being very reliable. I think all of this makes it an awesome deep conceal pistol. I would be curious to know if you like it better than the S&W Bodyguard, which also has a great reputation.

Javo-J10

Dec 26, 2016
    Hanover, PA
    I pocket carry the LCP II in the holster that came with it. Slips into my front pocket nicely. I got it to carry in light clothing like t-shirt/shorts. It does what I bought it for and I am happy with it.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Picked up the lcp2 this am. Wife, an experienced shooter and ccw, and i took it to the range, fired 100 rds fmj and 25 rds rem golden saber. Wife thought golden sabers were a little snappy. No hitches. Very easy for her to shoot, little small for me but consistently on target. Have to depress mag release to load a mag, but internet says that will ease up. All in all, for what it is not bad. Not handsome like a glock, though.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I have an older gen1 LCP and carry it a lot.
    Summer clothing, shirts tucked in, etc.
    Nemesis pocket holster and Soft tuk.
    Interested in LCP II for the trigger, but not enough to own both.
    Personally, I like the smooth lines of LCP better.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    The LCP II has a little less recoil than the original LCP. Or it feels like it, at least. Shoots pretty well for such a small gun.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    The LCP II is actually hammer fired

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    0ee2be17f22fbd2fead871679f34c8b8.jpg

Sorry, I misspoke - it is a *single action* hammer fired pistol:

"The trigger mechanism, while still hammer-fired, was changed from the double-action only to a single-action pattern. "

Concern is obviously the same: there is a compressed spring ready to set off a round in your pocket.

Javo-J10

Dec 26, 2016
    Hanover, PA
    Have to depress mag release to load a mag, but internet says that will ease up.

I don’t have to depress mag release to load. Firm pressure will get the magazine to lock in. Hopefully yours will break in. It is a tight spring. If you were to empty a magazine in a defensive situation, you can almost use the mag release to shoot the empty mag at your attacker, it pops out so quickly.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I don’t have to depress mag release to load. Firm pressure will get the magazine to lock in. Hopefully yours will break in. It is a tight spring. If you were to empty a magazine in a defensive situation, you can almost use the mag release to shoot the empty mag at your attacker, it pops out so quickly.

I gave it a few sharp raps last night and it is now functioning as it should. needs only a light tap to seat it. Nice little gun. Carried a walther ppk/s in the 80s (still have it, but don’t know why), was convinced by a salesman at LGS that a G27 was about the same weight,size with more rds of higher energy ( still have it). Few years back a G 42 at 14 oz, about 8 less than the walther, more recently a sw bodyguard at 12 oz and now this at 10+ oz. running guns for my wife. Glock too big, BG just right and LCP2 even better. Soon, a 6 rd artificial finger.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    I just did the paperwork on one yesterday, nice little pocket pistol. I see the factory Ruger mags are a little pricey though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom