• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    they would not Market to the masses a high end shotgun.
    They will take a $400 shotgun and put their name on it for $450.
    I know 2 people who will buy one when it comes out.
    I like the show. I'm certain much of it is scripted but I like it Jack.
    You can turn real people into actors if they just be mostly themselves in a scripted environment and some editing.

They got some of my $$ this Xmas.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Yes so instead of marketing a high end shot gun for high end money, they are marketing a low end shotgun for high end money. you can polish a turd but it is still a turd. More power to them but dang it shows a little bit of character. I am sure they would have no problems getting parts for them like we would.
    they would not Market to the masses a high end shotgun.
    They will take a $400 shotgun and put their name on it for $450.
    I know 2 people who will buy one when it comes out.
    I like the show. I'm certain much of it is scripted but I like it Jack.
    You can turn real people into actors if they just be mostly themselves in a scripted environment and some editing.

They got some of my $$ this Xmas.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Yes so instead of marketing a high end shot gun for high end money, they are marketing a low end shotgun for high end money. you can polish a turd but it is still a turd. More power to them but dang it shows a little bit of character. I am sure they would have no problems getting parts for them like we would.

Well, $900 or so doesn't really get you into the high end of waterfowling shotguns, but it sure is a lot to pay for a Mossberg, especially with the huge difference in price between the non-Duck Dynasty gun and the Duck Dynasty gun. I can see paying an additional $50 for the name, but several hundred is insane unless the gun really has some upgrades to it versus the non-DD variety.

Me, I have yet to watch the show. However, I have only watched a "reality" TV show once and was so disgusted by the lack of "reality" that I just stay away from them now. Same has happened with watching hunting shows. Seen too many that looked completely scripted at game farms, so I tend to stay away from them now too. In fact, don't watch much TV anymore other than a movie here and there.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    You can see what they will be offering WITH prices on Mossburg's website. The 500 is something like $579 and they go up from there. I didn't look at all of the shotguns but the range is $579 - $957. $957 is for the 935 Magnum.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    guess it depends on how much money you have. For me and my high school diploma, a 1600 dollar shotgun better give me a blow job!
    Well, $900 or so doesn't really get you into the high end of waterfowling shotguns, but it sure is a lot to pay for a Mossberg, especially with the huge difference in price between the non-Duck Dynasty gun and the Duck Dynasty gun. I can see paying an additional $50 for the name, but several hundred is insane unless the gun really has some upgrades to it versus the non-DD variety.

Me, I have yet to watch the show. However, I have only watched a "reality" TV show once and was so disgusted by the lack of "reality" that I just stay away from them now. Same has happened with watching hunting shows. Seen too many that looked completely scripted at game farms, so I tend to stay away from them now too. In fact, don't watch much TV anymore other than a movie here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom