• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    For taking me out hunting for the first time on Friday. Came across 3 does, but picked up even more in knowledge. Thanks again!

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    No problem buddy. Talked to the gentleman that owns the land that they wandered on to. Any time I need to access his side, I just need to make a phone call. Also I picked up 74 acres in king george va...

RiveraJr

Mar 5, 2013
    Indian head
    oh yah I realized that right away lol! im from CA but stationed at indian head right now so I have 0 family close by. oh well guess its time to make some good friends here!

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I live in PWC, it is tough to find anyone with land to hunt who hasn't leased it to a hunt club or doesn't want strangers on their land. Back in the 1980s we used to pay the Chesapeake paper company $20 a year to hunt their land, which was nice but well past Culpepper. It seems they stopped doing that, and they sold most of their land in Maryland to the state, which they didn't do here in Virginia.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    oh yah I realized that right away lol! im from CA but stationed at indian head right now so I have 0 family close by. oh well guess its time to make some good friends here!
    why not hunt stump neck? plenty deer in there and only a few hunti it. plus is most of them are deaf from the booster rockets so they don't hear you coming!

RiveraJr

Mar 5, 2013
    Indian head
    why not hunt stump neck? plenty deer in there and only a few hunti it. plus is most of them are deaf from the booster rockets so they don't hear you coming!

well to hunt on the bases you need to take a course on fort Belvoir then qualify with a bow on indian head... then you need te tags and finally you can hunt... last I looked they weren't offering any more classes for this year :envy: im definitely doing it next season though :party29:

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    well to hunt on the bases you need to take a course on fort Belvoir then qualify with a bow on indian head... then you need te tags and finally you can hunt... last I looked they weren't offering any more classes for this year :envy: im definitely doing it next season though :party29:

worht it! I see alot of nice deer on there when i am bowfishing on the creeks.

RiveraJr

Mar 5, 2013
    Indian head
    Yah I saw a huge bodied 8 pointer yesterday after I left the archery range on Indian head .
    In the same field there where 6 doe grazing! Too bad it was Sunday and on a base.

RiveraJr

Mar 5, 2013
    Indian head
    Hey RiveraJr I'm inbound to Indian Head this May. Do you know if they only allow bow hunting on base? While I'm looking forward to getting back into bow hunting I'm also looking forward to getting out with a muzzle loader.

hey Biff , I actually don't know to much about base hunting . what I do know is that you have to take a class then qual with a bow. on the actual indian head base its just bow but on our sister base called stumpneck its both bow and shotgun

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom