• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    OK, So I am already tired of winter and thinking of outdoor activities for the better days ahead.

Frozen Bay.jpg

For anyone who enjoys fishing (especially on the Bay) there are 2 good shows
    coming up: The MSSA Frederick Show on 1-18-2014 @ the Frederick FairGrounds and The MSSA Annapolis show Feb 22 - 2014 at the Elks Lodge.
    They are both good shows with great seminars for only $5 Admission. Or... If the weather stays cold enough we could try some Ice Fishing on the Bay!

http://www.mssaannapolis.com/upcoming_events.php

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Take a hike up to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain.
    Go to the MD side of Great Falls and walk the planks..
    The Patuxent river has a path along it that is MILES long - start at
    Hipsley Mill Rd...
    Go down to lock 6 (?) off of Cabin John Pkwy and walk the
    concrete path to Little Falls itself - see if you could canoe down it....
    Go to Harpers' Ferry and walk the railroad tracks
    upstream until you come to Bull Falls on the Shenadoah, and scout out EXCELLENT smallmouth fishing.
    Rent a cabin in the Blue Ridge through PATC.org with the family and enjoy the solitude.
    Come to my house and split a cord of wood - just to say you did it!

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It is hiking season for the area from Fredrick and north and west through about Caledonia State Park in PA. Why? That's rattlesnake country in warm weather, but not now!

xdmdude

Oct 1, 2011
    Shoot, but indoors if course. And little freezing my buns of in the woods waiting for the buck of a lifetime.

Mar 8, 2011
    Indoor air rifle and air pistol practice. I just picked up the pellet upper conversion for the AR from Crosman. It is awesome. The only downside is that I was too cheap to get the whole scuba tank setup so got the bicycle pump. It is a heck of a workout if you're going from empty all the way to 2500 psi.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    My wife and I started the NRA/Winchester Marksmanship program. I would highly recommend .22 and not 9mm or .45 - its very ammo intensive. We shoot at Freestate and love spending time together, and of course shooting. I use my Buckmark and she uses her SR22 - in Lady Lilac, of course...LOL

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Go ice fishing,

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=140244

Or if there is no ice, go to an outdoor firing range!

If you are an angler, go fishing at Pepco (Dickerson MD) warm water discharge on the Potomac. Back when I lived in the flatlands, I would spend my Winters there fishing. Lots of big crappies, smallmouths, gills.

January & Feb, are the best months for Crappie fishing at Dickerson. You can catch both black & white crappies, and some will exceed citation sized. Catch them by jigging the ebbs, and fallen timber.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    Can still go archery hunting through the end of January, bunny hunting for another month after that.

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    Fly fishing at Big Hunting Creek and Gunpowder.

How is the fly fishing at Gunpowder lately? I don't yet own neoprene waders, so I won't be enjoying... but I just started teaching myself to fly fish there last summer and have been having a good time learning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom