• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    I am in the market for an pIstol AK47 so I searched the hand gun roster and ran into something unexpected. Legal in MD is the Arsenal SLR107 (F and FR models). To the best of my knowledge they only came in Rifle configurations. Does this mean you can buy them as long as they are registered as pistols?

Attachments

• 51F995EA-0977-410E-B30F-66FDC2A3F29C.jpg
      51F995EA-0977-410E-B30F-66FDC2A3F29C.jpg
      45.4 KB · Views: 612
    Last edited:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I am not sure what your question is. Yes, they are legal as rifles. If there was a pistol config, it would also be legal. Some AK format pistols are legal even though the rifle config is not. The handgun roster more or less is independent of the scary black rifle list.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    I am not sure what your question is. Yes, they are legal as rifles. If there was a pistol config, it would also be legal. Some AK format pistols are legal even though the rifle config is not. The handgun roster more or less is independent of the scary black rifle list.

I did not know the SLR107 models are legal as rifles. As they are true AK47’s i assumed that they were banned. Thanks for the feedback.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I did not know the SLR107 models are legal as rifles. As they are true AK47’s i assumed that they were banned. Thanks for the feedback.

I was going off what you said in your OP, where you said "legal in MD is the Arsenal 107" I did not check the list. The rifle list is here: https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

you may be right, 107 is banned as a rifle. Still ok as pistol though.

I am in the market for an pIstol AK47 so I searched the hand gun roster and ran into something unexpected. Legal in MD is the Arsenal SLR107 (F and FR models). To the best of my knowledge they only came in Rifle configurations. Does this mean you can buy them as long as they are registered as pistols?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    They are on the pistol roster so that SBR versions could be sold. In the law, an SBR is a handgun. Although MSP applies RIFLE copy cat provisions to them.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    They are on the pistol roster so that SBR versions could be sold. In the law, an SBR is a handgun. Although MSP applies RIFLE copy cat provisions to them.

That makes sense now. So I need to Submit a form 1, pay my $200 then when is approved buy an slr107 and that’s it? Or do I have to shorten the barrel? Apologies for not being to smart on this.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    That makes sense now. So I need to Submit a form 1, pay my $200 then when is approved buy an slr107 and that’s it? Or do I have to shorten the barrel? Apologies for not being to smart on this.

AFAIK, an 07 shop would have to shorten, then transfer on a Form 4.

But if the shop will sell it as a pistol.....

03gsxr1000

Speed Demon
    Jul 4, 2010
    New question about the roster. I am waiting for the Springfield Hellcat to be purchasable in Maryland. Gripes about the infringement set aside, when will it be added to the roster?. Anyone know? Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom