• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    And if you're hankering some soft serve, there's always Rita's. They also support the community.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Bitching about ice cream is where we are at? Are things THAT bad?

If anyone is fat, no one shouldn’t be partaking in it anyway. Just throwing that out there.

No idea what the narrative of this thread is but thought I’d contribute. ;)

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Y'all ought to stop bitchin' bout soft serve. Can't get that down here in GA.

Went to a soft serve place here, asked for a twist cone. They looked at me like I was crazy. Turns out they dump their soft serve into tubs and scoop it.

I turned and walked away...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    That DQ was our Friday night stop in the early 70s, and that section of 170 our drag strip in our muscle cars. Then a trip up to Super 170 for the drive in, then ponds on Patuxent road for partying. Dazed and Confused, Odenton style...

Sent using Tapatalk

Mr H

Banana'd
    That DQ was our Friday night stop in the early 70s, and that section of 170 our drag strip in our muscle cars. Then a trip up to Super 170 for the drive in, then ponds on Patuxent road for partying. Dazed and Confused, Odenton style...

Sent using Tapatalk

Wasn't "That DQ" farther in toward base in the 70s? Maybe around where the Highs is now??

Been a long time, but I thought that was the case.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Wasn't "That DQ" farther in toward base in the 70s? Maybe around where the Highs is now??

Been a long time, but I thought that was the case.
    You might be thinking of McD's. There was one just west of Rt. 32 around where the Great American Steak is.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Sent using Tapatalk

I spent more than a few hot summer nights there dazed and confused style and wearing nothing but a smile. :D

Good times...

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I spent more than a few hot summer nights there dazed and confused style and wearing nothing but a smile. :D

Good times...
    Bad times for me.....

From NTSB summary...

“About 9:15 p.m. on April 23, 1979, a compact pickup truck with 12 teenaged occupants was traveling between 64 and 78 mph along a winding country road near Crofton, Maryland, when it failed to negotiate a curve to the left.[1]*The truck ran off the right side of the road and struck three trees located about 7 feet from the edge of the pavement. Ten passengers were killed and one passenger was seriously injured; the driver was injured slightly."

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Bad times for me.....

From NTSB summary...

“About 9:15 p.m. on April 23, 1979, a compact pickup truck with 12 teenaged occupants was traveling between 64 and 78 mph along a winding country road near Crofton, Maryland, when it failed to negotiate a curve to the left.[1]*The truck ran off the right side of the road and struck three trees located about 7 feet from the edge of the pavement. Ten passengers were killed and one passenger was seriously injured; the driver was injured slightly."

God, I remember that accident and stretch of road. That curve took out my Roadrunner. Lesson learned.

Sent using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Bad times for me.....

From NTSB summary...

Before my time, I got here in '84 but quickly heard about that accident. Terrible.

I haven't been down that stretch of road in years, is the makeshift memorial still there?

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Bad times for me.....

From NTSB summary...

When that accident happened it set a Maryland state record for the most fatalities in a single vehicle accident.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Bad times for me.....

From NTSB summary...

Knew a brother and sister killed in the wreck.

Guys said that it was the most gruesome accident call due to the carnage and mangled bodies.

If you were a responder, Mack, then prayers for you over what you had to witness.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Bad times for me.....

From NTSB summary...

I don’t want to derail H’s DQ thread but this story is worth discussing.

I delivered the Evening Capital back then. I remember reading the horrible story on the front page as I was folding papers. My neighbor was the chief at Earleigh Heights and he filled my parents in on some details which were not reported. I recall one victim was found impaled to a tree. I would guess you were probably just a few years older than those “kids” at the time. Seeing a scene like that today would probably result in some mandatory counseling. Back then I guess you just had to suck it up and move on and cope.

I have told the story to my children during our lessons in drivers training. I’ve even tried to find more details about the accident to reinforce the impact to them, but I was unsuccessful, because I couldn’t remember the date and exact location.

I’ve often wondered what happened to the driver. What became of his life and how did he live with the weight of such tragedy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom