• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    It's my understanding that there is going to be a new and better archery range cut into the hill. It will be big and beautiful and everyone will love it, possibly the best archery range ever. And wonderful and fantastic people will shoot there.

Lol.

Maybe put the texas star up as the next archery target. For a $10 guest fee though.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Another great match in the books. The stages of madness should be redubbed the stages of pure evil, lol. The addition of the gravel is super, no muddy mess even with last night's rain.

The little 365 did well today.

And a big Gracias, Amigo to Occam for letting me run his blaster for a bit, she's a sweet one.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Another great match in the books. The stages of madness should be redubbed the stages of pure evil, lol. The addition of the gravel is super, no muddy mess even with last night's rain.

And a big Gracias, Amigo to Occam for letting me run his blaster for a bit, she's a sweet one.

And reciprocity! My original flavor P365 might start getting jealous of an XL companion thanks to me test driving yours (which you shot very capably, even at the Intentionally Cruel Texas Star Of Doom).

Very fun match.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

And reciprocity! My original flavor P365 might start getting jealous of an XL companion thanks to me test driving yours (which you shot very capably, even at the Intentionally Cruel Texas Star Of Doom).

Very fun match.
    That thing is FUN. Half you gentlemen enjoyed the match today

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    Awesome time! Thanks to all those who volunteered and the ROs. The gravel is indeed a fine addition.

Stages of Glory were pretty epic and I support having two in the future.

Here is a brief video I took. I have a lot of footage that I want to turn into a more comprehensive piece.

Feel free to embed techno wizards.

https://youtu.be/z9678ga3YaA

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Probably belongs in the unpopular opinions thread but if I were elected Grand Poobah of Steel Challenge I would eliminate rimfire. The amount of pistols and PCCs that actually run without an issue is far dwarfed by the never ending MALFs.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Probably belongs in the unpopular opinions thread but if I were elected Grand Poobah of Steel Challenge I would eliminate rimfire. The amount of pistols and PCCs that actually run without an issue is far dwarfed by the never ending MALFs.

Noooo! My Vicky has been reliable.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county

I get what you are saying, really, but let’s not limit the ability for people to come shoot and get others shooting.

Steel challenge is the ticket to get the younger generation active in pro-fun. If all they have is a rim fire, makes it easier to tell them to come shoot.

Plus I was planning on trying out my ruger pc9 next time

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Noooo! My Vicky has been reliable.

I get it, but for every one of yours that is reliable I'll see many more that can't get through a string without a MALF.

I get what you are saying, really, but let’s not limit the ability for people to come shoot and get others shooting.

Steel challenge is the ticket to get the younger generation active in pro-fun. If all they have is a rim fire, makes it easier to tell them to come shoot.

Plus I was planning on trying out my ruger pc9 next time

If all I saw was noob shooters with a 10-22 I would shut my mouf, but most are experienced shooters running second guns that just shit the bed on almost every string.

Just my .02, I don't expect anything to change.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    I get it, but for every one of yours that is reliable I'll see many more that can't get through a string without a MALF.

If all I saw was noob shooters with a 10-22 I would shut my mouf, but most are experienced shooters running second guns that just shit the bed on almost every string.

Just my .02, I don't expect anything to change.

Yeah most are experienced. I haven’t seen any new shooters with their 10/22, we didn’t have any Malfs from the PCCs on our squad though either.

Like to see how the ruger does. It has been 100% reliable for a couple years now through over 1000 rds.

I get what your saying, but let’s not impose rules that prevent shooters from showing.

If you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em. That’s my plan anyway.

Thank you for selling my dad ammo BTW. I expected to provide it for him ( which is fine) and when I got there he had a whole case.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Last month we had a new shooter on our squad with a 10/22, think it still had the sticker on the stock. He had a couple small issues, but nothing that held us up. He was excited to come back, with more mags next time. Pretty sure he was too young to buy a pistol.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Last month we had a new shooter on our squad with a 10/22, think it still had the sticker on the stock. He had a couple small issues, but nothing that held us up. He was excited to come back, with more mags next time. Pretty sure he was too young to buy a pistol.

Yep and he thanked us for being patient and for the good tips/information we gave him. Said he’d be back which is what we want!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Very young lady on our squad shot rimfire PCC and had a couple of malfunctions. I was impressed with how she kept her cool and quickly followed procedure to keep her turn moving. Her Dad was there shooting rimfire as well, clearly having taught her well...

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I’m registered for the 3 gun. Is that match and parking at the ranges on the road or in the steel pits?

What I read seemed to be the road but just making sure.

Well, I wouldn't suggest parking in the pits unless you want your car to get shot up. That said, you can park on the gravel across from the Shooting bays. There will be a parking Nazi out to direct you where to put your car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom