• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Krucianking

Mar 4, 2019
    Bowie, MD
    I just got a mossberg 500 3 in 1 and the magazine tube has a plug in it the manual says 5+1 this appears to be a 1+1 what gives??

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    If I remember correctly my first mossberg had a wooden dowel in the magazine tube. This limits the rounds in the magazine making it legal for certain hunting purposes. Remove the barrel and just shake the gun with the tube facing down. It should fall out that little threaded hole in the end of the magazine tube.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Some Mossberg have a magazine spring retainer. A metal plug at the muzzle end of the mag tube that must be pulled out in order to remove the magazine spring and then anything other than the follower and spring can be tossed.

Krucianking

Mar 4, 2019
    Bowie, MD
    I took out the wooden dowel on the muzzle end but on the mag end there is a metal plug which prevents ammo from being loaded into the tube.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    YouTube might be beneficial. Perhaps meet up with a member here and learn how to operate your shotgun in a safe environment, then head to a range to make sure all lessons were learned.

And since it sounds like you are pretty new to these (we ALL were at one point), do NOT leave a round in the chamber, even around the house. If is dropped, there is an above average chance the firing pin can ride forward just hard enough to make the primer activate and have a 'boom' when it should only be a 'thud'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom