• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I updated the OP with a link to the committee vote tally.

That gives me some tiny hope that some of them actually improve it.

If you are going to get mugged anyway, might as well hope for the best. Let’s also hope we don’t get mugged in the end.

Lipstick on a pig cannot change the fact that it's still a pig.

I will be testifying against SB208 with a very important comparison that any legislator with ANY common sense won't be able to ignore.
    I am experienced in providing testimony and know how to tug at their heartstrings/play with their emotions. (I'm who did the red flag "It happened to me" testimony) Many people present said I could have gone on for far longer than my allotted time because they were all deeply following my verbal recount of what happened to me.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Seems all the amendments did was add step grandparents and some weird immunity for licensees.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Updated the OP with the amendments. Del Clippinger special ordered the bill until tomorrow. I'm not sure all of the amendments made it into the system. The changes are pathetic, and they match the pathetic bill they apply to.

Amendments: 182311/1

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    They can't its impossible.

Sure they can. This is just one more step in their grand plan. The next step makes this enforceable. It will be a “common sense” step to enable enforcement of an existing law. Once that is in place, their end game becomes plausible.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    I haven't been able to follow all of the posts on the Long Guns Bill(s). I can't sit at the computer(s) that long & neither of them will stay active long enough. Anyway, I'm sure the Bills are going to pass in this gerrymandered DEM State, so I want to caution our advocates not to give away all of our ammunition in identifying the flaws and whatnot in the Bills, that could later help to emasculate and make unenforceable at least parts of them. One thing I learned in 35+ years in the legal profession is that when you're going to lose, don't disclose all of the points that you hope to win with on appeal. Otherwise, they will address them before you get to the appeal.
    Example: Years ago, when Harford County had little if any, hunting/shooting restrictions, the counsel was considering a number of Bills. The NRA activist John (deleted), made a big show of pointing out the errors, even saying something to the effect that,"under this bill, somebody could shoot off cannons in their back yard." The counsel listened, paid attention, and made corrections so that what would have been a totally meaningless bill, became what we have in Harford County. John later admitted that he may have gone too far.
    So that's my take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom