• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Hey Guys,

I’m thinking about getting either a G17 or G34 Gen 3 for games or range stuff. I actually really like the Gen 3 trigger in my G19. Do you all know if all of the Gen 3 triggers feel the same? I’m leaning towards the G34 only if it has that same trigger feel.

Thanks!

K

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i believe the g34 has the "-" (lighter trigger pull) connector and that is the only difference trigger-wise. if you don't like it, should be able to easily buy a 'regular' connector that the 19/17 use.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    i believe the g34 has the "-" (lighter trigger pull) connector and that is the only difference trigger-wise. if you don't like it, should be able to easily buy a 'regular' connector that the 19/17 use.
    Or go out and install a Zev fulcrum full trigger kit. Best money I ever spent on a Glock.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    The connector is different, as noted above. Also, the Glock 19 & 26 and their other caliber equivalents come with serrated trigger faces, whereas the 17 & 34 have smooth faced triggers. I prefer the smooth and so install G17 triggers in all of my doublestack Glocks. If you prefer the serrated G19, let me know because I have a box of them.

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    When I ran a G34 (and 19, and 26, and 17!) for IDPA, I always ran an OEM smooth trigger, and a "-" connector in the Gen3s. For me at least, the trigger was never the part that held me back, it was always skills....

Last edited:

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    never been a fan of the Zev stuff. check out DK custom, or even the Vogel trigger if going after market. however I do like the stock Gen3 trigger with the lighter connector. Gen 3 always felt smoother to me out of the box than the Gen 4 and now 5

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    When I ran a G34 (and 19, and 26, and 17!) for IDPA, I always ran an OEM smooth trigger, and a "-" connector in the Gen3s. For me at least, the trigger was never the part that held me be, it was always skills....

I agree with Rob on this. I am running two G34's with stock triggers in IDPA. Don't think you'll need an upgrade.

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    I agree with Rob on this. I am running two G34's with stock triggers in IDPA. Don't think you'll need an upgrade.

Cool - that was my plan. I just hope the 34 has the same trigger feel as my G26 and G19. I had a Gen 4 G34 but could never get used to the mushy trigger feel.

K

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Cool - that was my plan. I just hope the 34 has the same trigger feel as my G26 and G19. I had a Gen 4 G34 but could never get used to the mushy trigger feel.

K

I have a couple of Glocks and always put Apex triggers in them until I got a gen3 G34. The trigger in it is very good right out of the box. I hate mushy feeling triggers too. I like to feel the wall then a crisp snap as the gun fires

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom