• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I've seen two add's/announcements for guns which appear to be commercial Poly80 variants. I thought this was interesting and kind of curious if anyone would be shelling out big $$$ for a gun they could literally build themselves.

Faxon FX-19
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...t-pistols-the-9mm-fx-19-patriot-and-hellfire/

GREY GHOST PRECISION G19 COMBAT PISTOL - COBALT
    https://www.rainierarms.com/grey-ghost-precision-g19-combat-pistol-cobalt/

It's a little crazy how these companies are marketing these items as new and unique. Although I guess it you lacked the skill to complete the machining on a poly80 you can have one for a little more, here GGP has turned a poly80 into a firearm and modded the grip texture. Interestingly they don't show a picture that includes the front or rear rails but all holes appear to be drilled.
    https://greyghostprecision.com/ggp-cp-compact-pistol-frame/

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Not sure about the GGP but the Faxon has a lot of high dollar slide cuts and such in it. You could no do that yourself without serious machining skills or a CNC/3d printer. Just check what it would cost to build your P80 then add a custom slide from say Lone Wolf on top of it. Faxon builds seriously good AR parts, way above the cheap stuff.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Not knocking the quality of the other parts, I just think it’s interesting they appear to be starting with a poly80 frame then making it into a serialized firearm. The frame is the serialized frame is the only component you can’t order to your doorstep.

Overall I personally prefer the poly80 frame to a standard Glock.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Not knocking the quality of the other parts, I just think it’s interesting they appear to be starting with a poly80 frame then making it into a serialized firearm. The frame is the serialized frame is the only component you can’t order to your doorstep.

Overall I personally prefer the poly80 frame to a standard Glock.

Good ROI for them. Disussing this is another thread, a company selling a completely upgraded Glock for $100k. Only have to find one idiot vs 100 for a $1k gun.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    are there any "non glock" 80%s?? i dont like how glocks feel in my hand. it's like holding a 2x4. tried several models etc etc.. just not my thing. but are there any out there that are NOT like a glock in that sense?

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    are there any "non glock" 80%s?? i dont like how glocks feel in my hand. it's like holding a 2x4. tried several models etc etc.. just not my thing. but are there any out there that are NOT like a glock in that sense?

As Russ also said, the P80 doesn't feel much like a Glock at all. I never cared for real Glocks either, same as Mv - then I held and shot a P80 (compact, the G19 equivalent) and loved it.

Find a friend with one and give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom