• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It's very unfortunate that many in the gun community are also extreme right wingers who don't like Jews. Makes us all look bad. Jews should be careful to stay vigilant, even among alleged friends.

434ca5db515c700c65a6bdea0db341802d75ed9fb7179612c9092a6acd65b0f2.jpg

Wow.

Yeah, if you are the accurate representation of what a "Jewish" gun club is like.... I don't think I'd want to be a part of it.

I'll stick with my local club that doesn't require a specific religious affiliation and treat people like dicks.

+1

Willing to bet that if I started a White Nationalist Gun Club that it wouldn't get AGC affiliation.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    NRA# helps weed out the crazies. Either you need a reference. Also, if we ever get enough members who are also NRA members, we might be able to get some kind of grant from NRA. Not holding my breath on that, since NRA seems more about big corps that grass roots these days.

You would be surprised. At least three clubs in the area have been awarded $5000 each over the past few years.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It's very unfortunate that many in the gun community are also extreme right wingers who don't like Jews. Makes us all look bad. Jews should be careful to stay vigilant, even among alleged friends.

Your club, your rules.

I’m a right wing Jew.

Gurss I hate myself?

No thanks Bubee

Perhaps rephrase your post instead of making sweeping generalizations like our enemies do

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

Uncle Leo?

Hello?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

That's a remarkable statement to make on this forum.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I hope we all can see that maybe the OP is in a bit of pain or hurting in some way . I am not giving a free pass but as adults this whole situation could have been handled a bit better . I was trying to throw a bit of humor in to ease the very difficult topic , these keyboard words are so very hard to interpret at times I hope that is what we have here .

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I hope we all can see that maybe the OP is in a bit of pain or hurting in some way . I am not giving a free pass but as adults this whole situation could have been handled a bit better . I was trying to throw a bit of humor in to ease the very difficult topic , these keyboard words are so very hard to interpret at times I hope that is what we have here .

I'll add that most of us see things through the filter of our past life experiences. Perfect example is dogs. Those of us with bad experiences with a certain breed might tend to see all dogs of that breed as bad. Maybe the OP has had some bad experiences that affect his perceptions of us. Although I wasn't born into the tribe, I've had enough friends who were to be aware of their heightened sensitivities. Same with folks of other backgrounds and ethnicities.

One of the biggest problems with today's society is that we tend to see things through our filters, and not as they actually are. Labels and prejudices are too often applied when and where they don't belong. It's too easy to label someone as (fill in the blank) instead of taking a breath and looking for the truth.

Just my two cents.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I'll add that most of us see things through the filter of our past life experiences. Perfect example is dogs. Those of us with bad experiences with a certain breed might tend to see all dogs of that breed as bad. Maybe the OP has had some bad experiences that affect his perceptions of us. Although I wasn't born into the tribe, I've had enough friends who were to be aware of their heightened sensitivities. Same with folks of other backgrounds and ethnicities.

One of the biggest problems with today's society is that we tend to see things through our filters, and not as they actually are. Labels and prejudices are too often applied when and where they don't belong. It's too easy to label someone as (fill in the blank) instead of taking a breath and looking for the truth.

Just my two cents.

Amen Ed ,
    Very well said :thumbsup:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

I’ve got news for you, there are far more people on the Left that don’t like Jews.
    Judging by your posts in this thread, I’d be willing to bet you get to meet Thor soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

Just my two cents.

The article the OP linked gives some insight on this.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This thread is classic gold. I even got the shout-out from Chad over an old fight! NICE.

Here is my take: Shmuel is not a bad guy, but he is a typical yeshivish Jewish dude from Baltimore, and there is a certain level of insularity that comes with that. I know how that is, 'cause I was pretty yeshivish, too, until I took off my black hat a year out of high school because I realized that I didn't really have any interest in that hashkafah/theology vs modern Orthodoxy, and looking back, man, I said some crazy stuff. Givati is full of new shooters who don't know what they don't know. They'll get there - again, that was me once upon a time - but you're talking about a population segment that's generally new to the hobby and is gonna make some mistakes - including, it seems PR mistakes.

I don't know how I feel about the membership voting policy, TBH. It does rub me the wrong way, but if we're going to get more Jews into 2A stuff, this might be the way forward, at least for a few years. The real problem with it, IMHO, is that it tends to put a brake on more experienced shooters wanting to go in there and help drive things forward. Instead, you get Masada Tactical driving club shooting culture, and, put politely, I'm not sure it's necessarily healthy to have that one perspective driving things to that extent.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Woah. This thread escalated quickly.

One question if I may. If my wife is 3% Jewish and I'm not; does that make my kids 3% Jewish and eligible to vote?

Good luck with the club. Baltimore and synagogues everywhere need it. Sorry, just had to go there.:innocent0:)

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    I shouldn't be this shocked to have stumbled into so many self hating Jews and anti semites in a 2A forum. I'm not sticking around to put up with the hate. 2000 yrs of persecution have only made us stronge. The 2nd amendment stands between us and those who threaten our safety. Am Yisrael Chai!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom