• AD23585D-24E3-45CD-BF3F-CB217D348718.jpg
      AD23585D-24E3-45CD-BF3F-CB217D348718.jpg
      74.5 KB · Views: 242

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Despite OC, no school kids fled the building screaming.

Attachments

• 15A21589-C1AC-49B6-8DE7-0327F3C8DF7A.jpg
      15A21589-C1AC-49B6-8DE7-0327F3C8DF7A.jpg
      78.3 KB · Views: 533

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Thank you, Swinokur for posting up some pics while we were on the go in Richmond.

It’s amazing touring a state capitol while carrying and demonstrating that 2A is an actuality, not just a concept, in Free America.

The Virginia Capitol Building is the second oldest continuously operating State Capitol complex in America.

Only Maryland’s is older.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I agree with you for the most part, but I think there's a bigger gun culture in VA overall then MD, so I don't think it's as dire as the next election cycle. I use the regularity of the Nation's Gun Show in Ashburn, the number of higher end "guntry clubs" in Loudoun County and nearby counties, the increase in the number of CCW holders, etc. And while not our friend, the NRA is HQ'd in Fairfax too. I feel the resistance going to be pretty strong and will make MD level BS a bit further off. That doesn't mean VA residents should breath a sign of relief. They share the 4th Circuit with us, and as you mentioned, momentum is on the left's side. But it's not unreasonable for VA to be a decent retreat state for those of bound to the DC area, but too tired to fight in MD.

That's nice and all, but they still need to get off their asses and be proactive. Not only with the 2A stuff, but in the effort to defeat leftists seeking election.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I'm not "running" from MD because of gun legislation (although it's a plus) but more a planning for retirement thing. MD is to expensive to retire in and I can get more for my money in VA.
    I thought you were leaving VA for somewhere else.

If the legislature turns over in the next session gun control will come to VA. There is no where to run anymore.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Give me a heads up,would had loved to visit the Capitol and been a extra body..strength in numbers of law abiding citizens..been hobbling and waiting on my foot operation,just has not been too active..

You should join VCDL and subscribe to their newsletter. They send updates on everything form Lobby day to bills to candidates.
    They truly are the only grassroots movement fighting for us in VA.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    It's only good news in the same way that one's been missed by an inch with the first bullet in a protracted gun fight. In VA, the assault from the left is just getting started, and the conservatives will lose the legislature next time around. This is a fleeting delay, not a reprieve from these sorts of laws in VA. Northern VA is toxic on all of this, and they will be running the show from the next election and going forward. As with Maryland, only significant federal court relief will help in the long run.

How are you certain they the GOP will lose the legislature in November?

Democrats picked up 15 seats in the House and many of them are actually in red/red-leaning areas they won them in their "blue wave". They will have a difficult time defending all those seats.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    How are you certain they the GOP will lose the legislature in November?

Democrats picked up 15 seats in the House and many of them are actually in red/red-leaning areas they won them in their "blue wave". They will have a difficult time defending all those seats.

This. The VA Dems are in a fun place bc Northam, Fairfax, and company are toxic and can’t campaign in their support, and I don’t see red leaning areas voting blue again to support post birth abortion. The VA GOP has a golden ticket if they actually get off their butt and use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I recently heard the spokes person for CSGV, and their agenda. This was in a crowd of over 200 people. They are upset about the Bill that mandates non residential permits in 90 days. The lady stated to the crowd, you can send for one and it's good in 49 states. This is what the 2A crowd is fighting. Recently Hogg on National TV declares an AR-15 has an effective range of over 1500 meters. All these misstatements never get corrected in the media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom