Multiple cases of ammo
    No problems shipping to DC
    Lots of brass left at Peacemaker lately

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ack Ack

Sep 4, 2013
    DC
    Jon,

Picked up an SKS last week, do you have (or can get) 7.63x39? I'd really prefer brass cased if possible.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Jon,

Picked up an SKS last week, do you have (or can get) 7.63x39? I'd really prefer brass cased if possible.

I’ve been speaking to my distributor about it, the price difference between steel and brass seems to be pretty substantial and overall demand seems to be for steel. I’m speaking to him tomorrow and will inquire.

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    Well not sure what's going on with Target Sports USA but today they just canceled my most recent order which was some Federal HST.

In March they had no problem delivering a decent amount of ammo but today I get an email saying: "Thank you for your recent purchase with Target Sports USA. Unfortunately, due to new law restrictions, we are unable to ship items to Washington D.C We regretfully will have to void this order.

Thank you and have a wonderful day."

No offense to Ammo John, just like being able to click and buy.

I did ask for a clarification from them but who knows.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Well not sure what's going on with Target Sports USA but today they just canceled my most recent order which was some Federal HST.

In March they had no problem delivering a decent amount of ammo but today I get an email saying: "Thank you for your recent purchase with Target Sports USA. Unfortunately, due to new law restrictions, we are unable to ship items to Washington D.C We regretfully will have to void this order.

Only offense is it’s Jon ;)

Maybe it was worth them cancelling? They sell HST1 for .80 cpr, I sell for .50

Meet me right over the DC line and I’ll do .75 :)

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    Apologies for spelling error Jon. Not a good speller when angry lol.

Maybe they just didn't want to honor sales price of 20$ for the 50 round packs.

Anyway I will be keeping Ammo Jon in mind for next load up.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Apologies for spelling error Jon. Not a good speller when angry lol.

Maybe they just didn't want to honor sales price of 20$ for the 50 round packs.

Anyway I will be keeping Ammo Jon in mind for next load up.

Was that sale recently or a few weeks back? I think there was one a few weeks back for that price (it was .60, went down to .40 and then up to .80). Thinking it might have been an error and they are trying to get out of honoring it? Either way if you need and want to make a drive I have it for .50 all day long.

Best
    Jon

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    3 or 4 days ago -- was on r/gundeals and other sites.

Didn't really need any but felt like getting in on the action lol.

I haven't seen other people complaining of cancellations so I am taking the worst case scenario of them just not shipping to DC anymore as opposed to them just not wanting to honor the sale. Who knows.

When I need it i will definitely make the drive. Thanks Jon

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC

According to their restrictions page D.C. is now no ammunition sales.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Well crap. Any idea why they made that change? Was someone from the DC government giving them a hard time?

Must be all the crime committed by staunch law abiding 2A supporters in DC. Guess the gangbangers and drug dealers were using SG Ammo and TargetSportsUSA. Just because you sling crack doesn’t mean you don’t like a great deal on ammo!

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    I have never seen that restrictions page before and couldn't find it using phone and mobile site. Had to Google it.

Seems like they updated stuff recently for the CA ammo restrictions that went into effect.

It is annoying that they will accept carry/firearm permits from places like IL and MA and not DC.

Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

Last edited:

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I have never seen that restrictions page before and couldn't find it using phone and mobile site. Had to Google it.

Seems like they updated stuff recently for the CA ammo restrictions that went into effect.

Some other stuff is weird like mags over 10 rounds not shipping to MD. Maybe they meant that for DC.

It is annoying that they will accept carry/firearm permits from places like IL and MA and not DC.

Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

There are plenty of other places that will sell to D.C.

TBH I do not blame them for not wanting to deal with the hassle of DC gun law for such a small market.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Must be all the crime committed by staunch law abiding 2A supporters in DC. Guess the gangbangers and drug dealers were using SG Ammo and TargetSportsUSA. Just because you sling crack doesn’t mean you don’t like a great deal on ammo!

Damn. They have been sending me “Labor Day, Stock Up Now” emails all week long. Oh well. Unsubscribe.

I keep finding myself going back to Midway. They aren’t the cheapest, but it ain’t bad, and they ship fast to DC.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Given the walmart and Dicks situations, we should make a curated current list. also while any business has a right to pick any policy it wants, I don't intend to patronize businesses for anything if they don't need to prohibit shipped ammo sales yet do so. For example I used to buy lots of of general stuff from Cabela's but stopped a while back when they had DC arbitrary prohibited from ammo shipped even with registration provided, when they do not do the same for other jurisdictions where registration is required. To me there is no reason to patronize Cabelas over amazon.

All of us should also patronize the local gun stores in the region when able since a change in policy by UPS and fedex would mean only B&M sources and it is in everyone's collective interest that they remain healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom