• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I think as far as pistols, threaded barrels may be the only area where MD has a leg up on the District. Who'd of thought, in a place that 18 years ago outright banned handgun ownership.

I know you are referring to pistols, and correct on that. But can you have threaded barrel on a semi auto rifle in Md? As far as I can tell you can have one on a semi auto rifle in DC and don't need to obliterate or weld anything onto those threads..

and DC outright banned gun ownership as recently as 11 years ago. We should never ever forget, nor should e never forget to mention in discussions, that:

Even with background check
    Even with registration
    Even with training
    Even with waiting period
    Even with a gun safe
    Ie even with every single "common single gun restriction"

DC would not allow law abiding citizens to even have a revolver at home. (and arguing with DC on that was EVERY national gun control group).

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    It is funny that DC does indeed have a better environment for handgun ownership than MD in general + shall issue CCW (not by their choosing). I think as far as pistols, threaded barrels may be the only area where MD has a leg up on the District. Who'd of thought, in a place that 18 years ago outright banned handgun ownership.

Agree 100% I never thought DC would be friendlyish.

However AFAIK MD allows for NFA toys, +10 round mags, building 80% lowers, does not restrict ammo by registration, does not require registration of ALL firearms (including C&R)...

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Agree 100% I never thought DC would be friendlyish.

However AFAIK MD allows for NFA toys, +10 round mags, building 80% lowers, does not restrict ammo by registration, does not require registration of ALL firearms (including C&R)...

Battered gun owner syndrome. I'm so happy I can exercise the basic right to carry outside my house I forgot about all the 10 round mags I'm stuck with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom