• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gunowners of America and Firearms Policy Coalition are INDEPENDENTLY filing

lawsuits. FPC filed theirs today and it looks like GOA is filing their tomorrow

These cases will likely be consolidated so one thread will do.

This is the preliminary injunction filed by FPC

. https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...ents/original/1545161072/2-MPI.pdf?1545161072

This is a link to all the pleadings.
    https://www.firearmspolicy.org/guedes-v-batfe

I'll update when GOA files there case.

If you want to support GOA's lawsuit here is a link to donate. \\

https://www.gunowners.com/contribute

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    If we get an honest judge we have a shot. But I'm not sure we can get that as evidenced by the ruling against us in MD.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Phil Van Cleve of Virginia Citizens Defense League was the MD Handgun Permit Review Board tonight to get his MD W&C permit restrictions lifted.

He told me after winning his case that the VCDL is backing the suit in a major way through GOA.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    This lawsuit does not seem to be challenging the bump stock ban on 2nd amendment grounds either. I see some administrative and statutory authority challenges. No claim bump stocks are protected under the 2nd amendment.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    This lawsuit does not seem to be challenging the bump stock ban on 2nd amendment grounds either. I see some administrative and statutory authority challenges. No claim bump stocks are protected under the 2nd amendment.

I think you’re right. Kinda strange since they otherwise are throwing in the kitchen sink.

I do find interesting that count I challenges whitakers appointment, which is the exact same position froshhole has taken in his Obamacare lawsuit.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

I think you’re right. Kinda strange since they otherwise are throwing in the kitchen sink.

I do find interesting that count I challenges whitakers appointment, which is the exact same position froshhole has taken in his Obamacare lawsuit.

The only 2A right recognized by the courts so far, is in the home. Whether we like it, or not.

Using the commerce and takings clauses has more legal might behind them.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    lol

That is a tough argument trying to create a final line of protective fire because you have nowhere to fall back to. Spewing crazy amount of bullets at your attacker, versus well aimed shots would be a hard sale to get a judge to accept.

MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018
    If anything, they'll probably say its not protected by the Second Amendment because its "not a firearm" but only a "device" or "accessory".

I think ATF's reasoning for not offering an amnesty registration period, is that they would probably be swamped w/ people going out and buying up the available supply just to give them an administrative enema. Plus it could - could mind you - result in people wanting to amnesty register some other things and when told "no", open ATF to legal challenges via "Equal representation". Not saying it would happen or even work. Just sayin....

The BIG concern I have is that Trump used Executive Powers to arbitrarily ban bump stocks. If that's allowed to stand as Constitutional, then the next Democrat President could use it as legal grounds to just ban any class of firearms via Executive Powers. We could go to bed being legal owners of anything and through not fault of our own, wake up as felons.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    If anything, they'll probably say its not protected by the Second Amendment because its "not a firearm" but only a "device" or "accessory".

I think ATF's reasoning for not offering an amnesty registration period, is that they would probably be swamped w/ people going out and buying up the available supply just to give them an administrative enema. Plus it could - could mind you - result in people wanting to amnesty register some other things and when told "no", open ATF to legal challenges via "Equal representation". Not saying it would happen or even work. Just sayin....

The BIG concern I have is that Trump used Executive Powers to arbitrarily ban bump stocks. If that's allowed to stand as Constitutional, then the next Democrat President could use it as legal grounds to just ban any class of firearms via Executive Powers. We could go to bed being legal owners of anything and through not fault of our own, wake up as felons.

Administrative enema... I am stealing that line! Look how long it took for the ATF to send back the "reject letters". Just imagine how long it would take them to approve all devices applied for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom