• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DOsniper

Mar 4, 2011
    Monkton, MD
    Ok so two things (questions):

1. Can the AG apply for a stay to the 4a (if possible)

2. For those of us wayyyy past our 90 days, what should our next step be to facilitate our permits?

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    My only concern is that MD will still sit on those applications until the 4th rules, which could be months and months away. I was thinking of going the board route to force their hand to make a decision before the 4th gets to issue a stay or overturn the whole thing.

Without a stay from the 4th, they would be held in contempt, as Patrick said, I hope they aren't that dumb.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Ok so two things (questions):

1. Can the AG apply for a stay to the 4a (if possible)

2. For those of us wayyyy past our 90 days, what should our next step be to facilitate our permits?

1. Yes, they are probably already doing it.

2. When that 2 weeks is up, I'd be blowing up some phones. Technically they can still deny you now.

Chris05STi

Jul 15, 2012
    ^Another question if anyone can answer.

For those of us that were waiting for this great news and didn't apply. In 14 days should we send in our applications???? I am not worried about the money for the application, just wondering if it would be wise to send in my application in 14 days like MSI stated on their site???

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    My only concern is that MD will still sit on those applications until the 4th rules, which could be months and months away. I was thinking of going the board route to force their hand to make a decision before the 4th gets to issue a stay or overturn the whole thing.

Not gonna happen. That would risk contempt.

If the 4th does not intervene, we will have sense of progress right away. again, I don't see anyone at state level risking contempt of federal court just to annoy us a little while longer.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    ^Another question if anyone can answer.

For those of us that were waiting for this great news and didn't apply. In 14 days should we send in our applications???? I am not worried about the money for the application, just wondering if it would be wise to send in my application in 14 days like MSI stated on their site???

YES YES YES

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

There are of course no guarantees, but the state, IMHO, is not so stupid as to run the risk of contempt. That's just not done at this level. So, my guess is that they will comply. I think if the injunction goes into effect they will issue permits in due course on pending apps and future apps. I also expect them to get hit hard with a flood of apps and the 90 day period will be *very* difficult for them to comply with. This will take time for them to sort it out. For those of us who submitted apps during March (before the stay) and whose checks were cashed and apps investigated, their permits will probably be issued soon after the injunction goes into effect. Everyone else will need to apply. And remember, the litigation continues in the CA4 and there are no guarantees on how that court will rule. People issued permits may be required to return them.

cantonglocker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena
    There are of course no guarantees, but the state, IMHO, is not so stupid as to run the risk of contempt. That's just not done at this level. So, my guess is that they will comply. I think if the injunction goes into effect they will issue permits in due course on pending apps and future apps. I also expect them to get hit hard with a flood of apps and the 90 day period will be *very* difficult for them to comply with. This will take time for them to sort it out. For those of us who submitted apps during March (before the stay) and whose checks were cashed and apps investigated, their permits will probably be issued soon after the injunction goes into effect. Everyone else will need to apply. And remember, the litigation continues in the CA4 and there are no guarantees on how that court will rule. People issued permits may be required to return them.

all my paperwork/interview/references are done and checked. time to start rushing home to the mailbox every day!!

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    So will the forms change, or do I just use the current form avaialble from the State Police website?

And the big question is... Should I provide a "Good & Substantial Reason"... or leave it blank?

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC

My goal was to force a decision now that the stay is lifted before the 4th has time to rule on the stay motion that is inevitably coming from Gansler. I am not a legal eagle, so maybe I am wrong, but I have a feeling that the 4th granting a stay request is almost a 95% done deal and is pretty much just a paperwork formality. Then we are all right back in the waiting seat once the 4th issues its stay.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom