• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    Keep it going everyone. Pass that link to folks you know. It would be great if we had the most comments than all of the other topics.

If you poke around that website, there are about 10 categories up for discussion. I don't know if this is possibly O'Malley's top considerations (doubtful based on his past statements about the RKBA), tops from public feedback or just his answers / stance on the issue and he is setting the record straight for the last year - hopefully - of his term.

At least this is *his* forum and not a poll in the Sad Urban Newpaper... I have to think someone on his staff or even O'Gov would read it.

Thanks to all for keeping it on topic and respectful. It can go a long way to open some eyes. Love the comments about being inline with our neighbors and non-resident eligibility also. My post was the one that quoted the census. Hey - 1% of the population is 7 Million bucks at the current rates, not including renewals.

mudd4life88

Mar 18, 2009
    Essex, MD
    Has any one posted this on other boards such as MSI ? As I am new to this whole circus is this a good thing that this has made it to the point that it is?

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    just hit all the thumbs and posted this:

MD’s refusal to allow CCW permits other than for a very limited number of select categories is profoundly immoral. The right to self defense is intrinsic, antedating the formation of the United States, and the 2nd amendment recognised that right and sought to prevent encroachments upon it by statists at any level, federal, State or local. MD law is contemptuous of that natural right and profoundly wrong. MD should adopt shall-issue laws and implement them as soon as possible, for not only the practical revenue raising/crime reducing reasons amply demonstrated and mentioned above, but also in recognition of the fundamental right the law currently violates.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    thumbed the new ones.

me too, posted nortons americanguns.com link.

we gotta get more folks to hit the omally link~completely flood their system on this topic and his office will notice, especially if all the rucus is of civil discord.

ATTYSHOOTER

Mar 31, 2009
    Just posted this:

As a lawyer who holds our Constitution in particular reverence, it never ceases to amaze me that our Second Amendment rights are so maligned after so many good patriots fought and died to protect these rights for all of us. Please recall that as the histories of nations go, it was just yesterday that private citizens had the courage to rise up against a tyranny excercised from across the ocean and, with their guns, establish the free society we all now enjoy. This would not have been possible without both the ability to own AND CARRY firearms. Consider the great irony in exercising your First Amendment freedom of speech in this public forum to foresake your Second Amendment right to keep AND BEAR arms when both freedoms were won at the point of a great many guns in the hands of many ordinary citizens.

I am for true "shall issue" legislation in Maryland to bring Maryland back to the Constitution and in line with the vast majority of states in the union.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Fees for this and fees for that – this isn’t supposed to be a cash-cow for a bunch of politicians to waste on silly projects. It’s about the fundamental right of self defense.

According to the MSP there are around 12,000 active permits. Take away the business ones and then you have roughly 200 permits issued for true ’self defense’. When looking at Maryland at large, the criminal element has a 99.999937% chance of assaulting/robbing/mugging/raping/killing/carjacking an unarmed individual. Not even Dove soap is that pure and good. The funny (actually very, very sad) thing is people don’t understand why we have so many repeat criminals.

I recommend that the permit process be taken away from the state police. Virginia’s program is administered through the court system and works wonderfully. Let’s let our hard working cops get back to their real jobs.

I propose that:
    -the fee be reduced to $100 with five or seven years before a renewal is due.
    -the training requirement should be basic so the system is not overloaded. It’s not about the formal or required training, states that have no training requirement have no more issues than rigid ones – it’s about the gun owners who understand that they have to KNOW what to do and how to do it and take responsibility to do so.
    -at least one day during each school year every child be made aware that guns are not toys. A school assembly with basic facts, e.g. if you point a gun at your friend and pull the trigger, they get dead and stay that way. Maybe some of our kinder and gentler people could work on that message…

Thank you for pretending to listen to your constituents.

Saying what I say every day to folks I meet - :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom