Del. Smiegal open carries...see what happens.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Now my question with this, given that Del. Mike knows the Sheriff, was this a planned stop or was this a fully legit video. I want to believe so much that this is not a staged event.

Mr H

Banana'd
    We hear stories pretty regularly how different LEOs have different interpretations of law.

I have no doubt that there will be areas and individuals who will address this without incident. I would worry for the guy who ends up with an officer with a chip on his shoulder, or looking to make a point.

Besides...

We know the LGOC argument was a red herring to try and blow up Woollard.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    We hear stories pretty regularly how different LEOs have different interpretations of law.

And a true concern

I have no doubt that there will be areas and individuals who will address this without incident. I would worry for the guy who ends up with an officer with a chip on his shoulder, or looking to make a point.

And it is a shame.

Besides...

We know the LGOC argument was a red herring to try and blow up Woollard.

Absolutely agree, but that coupled with two different letters from the AG stating very clearly that LGOC is perfectly legal (the act itself, many scenarios where it could be illegal based on where it occurs etc.)

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    And If it were me. I would have been shot with so many rounds that my body would be toxic in the Morg. it would have made NATIONAL news.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Delegate Mike Smigiel is a great man.

This demonstration video should stand as a reminder to all of us that:

1) Maryland needs to be like the rest of America and either do away with the requirement to provide a 'good and substantial' reason to lawfully carry a firearm for self defense, or DEFINE what it means. Currently they do neither, and as a result Maryland's laws and policies are arbitrary and capricious.

2) Saying that people can legally open carry a rifle in public is an acceptable alternative to concealed carry is a deceptive political trick - one which Del Mike is highlighting. Thank you to this Sheriff for helping to expose the issue and concern of the people.

More power - to the many - Sheriff's across our great country for not tolerating these illegal infractions on the Second Amendment.

Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.
    Well, that answers that. If this wasn't completely scripted, we know that it would go that badly for a state Delegate, imagine how badly it'd go for anyone else.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The video is staged. The giveaway is that you hear the Deputy's voice on the soundtrack before the Deputy gets out of the patrol car. That means he has a lapel mike connected to the cameraman before he gets out of his cruiser to "stop" Delegate Mike...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom