Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Marketplace > Wanted to Buy
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2nd, 2021, 09:35 PM #1
RegularJay's Avatar
RegularJay RegularJay is offline
NRA & SAF Life Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Harford County
Posts: 1,159
RegularJay RegularJay is offline
NRA & SAF Life Member
RegularJay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Harford County
Posts: 1,159
WTB 4x4 Dakota

Someone here has or knows of someone who has one to sell - V6 or V8, auto or 5-speed - prefer extended cab over crew cab - gotta be 4x4 though. Hopefully under 150k miles. A bit worn or rough around the edges is fine but hoping for a fully functional truck that's ready to be a daily driver.
In on near Harford County a plus - I have cash.
__________________
NRA & SAF Life Member
RegularJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2021, 10:08 PM #2
dieselfarmboy's Avatar
dieselfarmboy dieselfarmboy is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Snow Hill, MD
Posts: 1,607
dieselfarmboy dieselfarmboy is online now
Senior Member
dieselfarmboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Snow Hill, MD
Posts: 1,607
https://southjersey.craigslist.org/c...410615900.html

I know nothing about it. Sadly ext cab seems hard to find especially starting in the mid 2000 body change ones. Try finding a reg cab in a full size truck........
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.
Theodore Roosevelt

The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
Theodore Roosevelt

We can have no '50-50' allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all.
Theodore Roosevelt
dieselfarmboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2021, 10:11 PM #3
Bertfish's Avatar
Bertfish Bertfish is online now
Throw bread on me
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: White Marsh, MD
Posts: 11,554
Bertfish Bertfish is online now
Throw bread on me
Bertfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: White Marsh, MD
Posts: 11,554
OP I'm not being a smart ass but why a Dakota? I've never met someone who liked theirs
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
Do not wear blindfolds when a man a putting his anus on your wiener.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADR View Post
I prefer a small house on a lot of land. Keep your family close and everyone else far away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicOfFranklin View Post
Socialism and individual liberty cannot exist in the same space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StantonCree View Post
Whoever actually needed your post eats soup with their hands
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBert View Post
You are so cocksure that you are always right that you end up sticking your appendage in poop all of the time.
Bertfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2021, 09:19 AM #4
Slackdaddy's Avatar
Slackdaddy Slackdaddy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,939
Slackdaddy Slackdaddy is offline
Senior Member
Slackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,939
Never owned a Dakota, but we have/had 2 Durangos, same platform.
They are good, basic , Cheap SUVs/Trucks.
They do not have the "refinements" and "flash" as the other manufactures,, but can be had for considerably less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertfish View Post
OP I'm not being a smart ass but why a Dakota? I've never met someone who liked theirs
Slackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2021, 10:20 AM #5
RegularJay's Avatar
RegularJay RegularJay is offline
NRA & SAF Life Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Harford County
Posts: 1,159
RegularJay RegularJay is offline
NRA & SAF Life Member
RegularJay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Harford County
Posts: 1,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertfish View Post
OP I'm not being a smart ass but why a Dakota? I've never met someone who liked theirs
I'm a Dodge guy, I have several full sized Dodge trucks now and have owned quite a few previously (and more than a few Dodge cars) and have been generally pleased with their performance for my needs. I am quite familiar with Mopar powertrains and am too lazy to want to learn the quirks of another manufacturer. I'm sure a ex cab ranger or Colorado or Toyota or whatever would probably fill my needs as well, I just prefer to stick with what I know.
__________________
NRA & SAF Life Member
RegularJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2021, 10:25 AM #6
Bertfish's Avatar
Bertfish Bertfish is online now
Throw bread on me
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: White Marsh, MD
Posts: 11,554
Bertfish Bertfish is online now
Throw bread on me
Bertfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: White Marsh, MD
Posts: 11,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularJay View Post
I'm a Dodge guy, I have several full sized Dodge trucks now and have owned quite a few previously (and more than a few Dodge cars) and have been generally pleased with their performance for my needs. I am quite familiar with Mopar powertrains and am too lazy to want to learn the quirks of another manufacturer. I'm sure a ex cab ranger or Colorado or Toyota or whatever would probably fill my needs as well, I just prefer to stick with what I know.
Fair enough

I will say the older Dodge you were driving when I sold you that Hi Point Carbine was nice looking. I'd love an old square body like that to drive
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
Do not wear blindfolds when a man a putting his anus on your wiener.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADR View Post
I prefer a small house on a lot of land. Keep your family close and everyone else far away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicOfFranklin View Post
Socialism and individual liberty cannot exist in the same space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StantonCree View Post
Whoever actually needed your post eats soup with their hands
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBert View Post
You are so cocksure that you are always right that you end up sticking your appendage in poop all of the time.
Bertfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2021, 10:26 AM #7
byf43's Avatar
byf43 byf43 is offline
SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern Maryland ("Chuck County")
Posts: 9,003
byf43 byf43 is offline
SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
byf43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern Maryland ("Chuck County")
Posts: 9,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertfish View Post
OP I'm not being a smart ass but why a Dakota? I've never met someone who liked theirs
I had an '02 Dakota Crew Cab w/4.7L V8.
LOVED that truck!!!!!!!

Drove great. Handled great.
The ONLY problem I had with it............... GAS MILEAGE!!!
Driving it to/from work (Waldorf to DC), no matter how hard or easy I drove it, I got TEN mpg.

Traded it in, because of that gas mileage.

Pulled a loaded (with furniture) 6x12 U-Haul to Salisbury, taking my oldest son to college, the truck felt like there was nothing behind the truck.

On the other hand............... a good friend had the same truck, and he had MULTIPLE issues with his 4.7L.
Rocker Arms. THREE times!
Wound up trading it for a full-size RAM.
__________________

With regard to reloading:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff7mm 04/28/2016, 07:32 PM
Dealing with stuff that can cause catastrophic failure in your firearms, and injury or death to you and those in close proximity. I treat every step as if my life depends on it.

"Live Free. Practice democracy. Make a difference. Love your family and your country." - H.N.K. (My Dad) 09/02/1924 - 05/11/2012
byf43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2021, 10:27 AM #8
Bertfish's Avatar
Bertfish Bertfish is online now
Throw bread on me
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: White Marsh, MD
Posts: 11,554
Bertfish Bertfish is online now
Throw bread on me
Bertfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: White Marsh, MD
Posts: 11,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by byf43 View Post
I had an '02 Dakota Crew Cab w/4.7L V8.
LOVED that truck!!!!!!!

Drove great. Handled great.
The ONLY problem I had with it............... GAS MILEAGE!!!
Driving it to/from work (Waldorf to DC), no matter how hard or easy I drove it, I got TEN mpg.

Traded it in, because of that gas mileage.

Pulled a loaded (with furniture) 6x12 U-Haul to Salisbury, taking my oldest son to college, the truck felt like there was nothing behind the truck.

On the other hand............... a good friend had the same truck, and he had MULTIPLE issues with his 4.7L.
Rocker Arms. THREE times!
Wound up trading it for a full-size RAM.
Small trucks like this and bad MPG seem to be common

My S10 was a 2 door short bed. 15 mpg at best

My buddy had a 98 Ranger. 12 MPG no matter what

When I bought my truck I told the girlfriend (now wife) why would I buy something small when this gets the same MPG and I can yank the house with it if I choose
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
Do not wear blindfolds when a man a putting his anus on your wiener.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADR View Post
I prefer a small house on a lot of land. Keep your family close and everyone else far away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicOfFranklin View Post
Socialism and individual liberty cannot exist in the same space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StantonCree View Post
Whoever actually needed your post eats soup with their hands
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBert View Post
You are so cocksure that you are always right that you end up sticking your appendage in poop all of the time.
Bertfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2021, 10:29 AM #9
bratgirllcp's Avatar
bratgirllcp bratgirllcp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Grasonville MD
Posts: 1,879
bratgirllcp bratgirllcp is offline
Senior Member
bratgirllcp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Grasonville MD
Posts: 1,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularJay View Post
Someone here has or knows of someone who has one to sell - V6 or V8, auto or 5-speed - prefer extended cab over crew cab - gotta be 4x4 though. Hopefully under 150k miles. A bit worn or rough around the edges is fine but hoping for a fully functional truck that's ready to be a daily driver.
In on near Harford County a plus - I have cash.
I saw cars.com has over 300 online must fine tune your search Happy Shopping
bratgirllcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2021, 10:40 AM #10
byf43's Avatar
byf43 byf43 is offline
SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern Maryland ("Chuck County")
Posts: 9,003
byf43 byf43 is offline
SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
byf43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern Maryland ("Chuck County")
Posts: 9,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertfish View Post
Small trucks like this and bad MPG seem to be common

My S10 was a 2 door short bed. 15 mpg at best

My buddy had a 98 Ranger. 12 MPG no matter what

When I bought my truck I told the girlfriend (now wife) why would I buy something small when this gets the same MPG and I can yank the house with it if I choose
Yup.
When we traded the Dakota for a "econo-box" commuter car, I NEEDED a truck.

I bought a used '00 Ford Ranger w/3.slow V6. 4.10:1 gears.
I got a great deal on it.
The BEST mileage I ever got in that old Ranger, was 16 mpg. Mostly downhill.

Bought it in late '04, and had it until January, '14.
All four of my kids drove it, with my youngest daughter driving it for over 3 years.
She LOVED that truck, and I loved having her drive it.
It had great visibility. It was NOT fast. She loved driving it.

When she got her first new car, my youngest son 'took it over' and literally turned it into a submarine, when he followed a friend, and got it submerged on a flooded road.

Hydro-locked the engine, and the water froze in the block and air intake box, and the water froze. (January 3, 2014 - Temps dropped to 3* that night.)
Attached Images
 
__________________

With regard to reloading:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff7mm 04/28/2016, 07:32 PM
Dealing with stuff that can cause catastrophic failure in your firearms, and injury or death to you and those in close proximity. I treat every step as if my life depends on it.

"Live Free. Practice democracy. Make a difference. Love your family and your country." - H.N.K. (My Dad) 09/02/1924 - 05/11/2012
byf43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > The Marketplace > Wanted to Buy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2021, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service