• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    I have the MP5SD version of it. Extremely reliable .Also shown is a GSG 522.

Attachments

• F85F3133-7D91-48EB-9BBB-884B6A884580.jpg
      F85F3133-7D91-48EB-9BBB-884B6A884580.jpg
      92.5 KB · Views: 143
    Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Hmm, I wonder if you can replace the fake suppressor with a real one? :)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hmm, I wonder if you can replace the fake suppressor with a real one? :)

I believe you can on the rifle versions. I'll have to check later when I'm home.

The barrels actually have a steel sleeve over them with a threaded end cap. I believe the end cap has the standard thread pattern (1/2x28).

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have had 1 of these for about 10 years now. they function fantastic. have never had a issue with it. it the MP5SD A3 configuration.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I believe you can on the rifle versions. I'll have to check later when I'm home.

The barrels actually have a steel sleeve over them with a threaded end cap. I believe the end cap has the standard thread pattern (1/2x28).

Okay, got ahead of myself. You'll more than likely need to buy the end cap as did I. My plan is to SBR this rifle.

(the larger can is the fake one. It fits over the barrel)

Attachments

• mp51.jpg
      mp51.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 244
    • mp52.jpg
      mp52.jpg
      36.3 KB · Views: 230

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Thanks.

I would want to shorten the barrel and add a suppressor matching the fat one.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I have the MP5 .22 LR just like Outrider, question is, is the tri-lug real:innocent0

I have taken the faux suppressor off I have little faith in the pot metal used for the barrel.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have the MP5 .22 LR just like Outrider, question is, is the tri-lug real:innocent0

I have taken the faux suppressor off I have little faith in the pot metal used for the barrel.

I'm pretty sure it's fake(tri-lug). The barrel and sleeve can be cut and rethreaded. I've seen it done. As you saw, the barrel is already threaded, so cutting and rethreading is doable. You'll need this part(below) and the barrel has to be threaded to the female thread pattern and not the 1/2x28.

https://hkparts.net/product/hk-walther-colt-22lr-barrel-adapter-1-2-x-28-p1845.htm/

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Thinking about it, the other option would be to shorten the barrel enough for a rimfire suppressor, then pin and weld it (thinking a Form 1 suppressor), then modifying the fake one to fit over it.

No need for that big of a suppressor for rimfire.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thinking about it, the other option would be to shorten the barrel enough for a rimfire suppressor, then pin and weld it (thinking a Form 1 suppressor), then modifying the fake one to fit over it.

No need for that big of a suppressor for rimfire.

The problem is, there isn't very much there to pin and weld to.

Foohaus

Nov 22, 2020
    I have the gen 1 Umarex “M4” and it is good for what it is. Accurate enough to hit paper at 50 yards and fun while you’re doing it. I have lots of light primer strikes if I don’t routinely strip it and clean the bolt. Supposedly the gen 2 version was much better. As the previous poster said, these are very cheaply made using cheap materials, but as long as you accept it for what it is—a range toy that is engineered like a $200 rifle and dressed up in a “MP5” or “M4” costume so they can sell it for $500–you'll enjoy it.

Not sure if these MP5 clones are different, but on mine the flash hider does double-duty as a nut to tighten the barrel to the gun. There’s an adapter you can buy that has the female end threaded to replace the flash hider on one side and male 1/2x28 threads on the other to mount a suppressor or better flash hider.

gwoodburn

Feb 9, 2012
    Owings Mills, MD
    I relocated to Georgia last year so I don't have to worry about the roster problem anymore. I picked up the pistol version a few weeks ago. Haven't shot it yet, but it's pretty slick. For what it's worth, the receiver is metal even though it does look like plastic. The tri-lug is decorative and plastic, probably on purpose.

It is a really close copy of the real thing, but be aware that the end cap is different. So that means that unless you can somehow source the A3 stock from HK, no current brace or stock options will work. I'm guessing that the internals to make 22 work forced HK to change up the dimensions of the stock rail channels on the sides. From what I'm reading, not even airsoft endcaps will work. So I decided to fix the problem because this little pistol is just begging for a brace or to be SBR'd. I am working with Haga Defense to make a bunch of different adapter options. We should have adapters for Picatinny rail, HK folding hinge (UMP), ACR stocks, and AR buffer tubes ready in a few weeks. The picatinny adapters being the first up.

Sorry if this comes off as an advertisement, happy to delete the post if I need to. Thought it might be useful to let you all know because once that pistol gets on the roster, I know everyone will be looking for some way to attach a brace or stock. I'm exited for this little 22lr and was annoyed that they didnt use a standard endcap. I'm actually printing what should be the final test fit version of the ACR adapter right now. For those that want to SBR, the UMP stock looks amazing on it and fits the gun really well. Feel free to DM me if anyone has questions

Last edited:

gwoodburn

Feb 9, 2012
    Owings Mills, MD
    The last prototype ACR adapter for the MP5 22lr turned out perfect. I'm calling it done and sending it out to get made in nylon. An ACR stock/brace on an MP5 makes it hard to use the irons efficiently, but it's perfect for a red dot. Here's a pic...

Attachments

• MP522LRACR.jpeg
      MP522LRACR.jpeg
      91.6 KB · Views: 308

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The last prototype ACR adapter for the MP5 22lr turned out perfect. I'm calling it done and sending it out to get made in nylon. An ACR stock/brace on an MP5 makes it hard to use the irons efficiently, but it's perfect for a red dot. Here's a pic...

I put a cheap open reflex site on mine and its blast to shoot. I used to play the old Rainbow 6 PC game (late 90s version) and love the MP5. For BS range gun nothing beats it and I have not found .22lrthe Umarex/H&K made gun wont shoot unlike the GSG versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom