• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I mean, personally I'd LOVE something like the 22tcm, but maybe stretched an extra mm of neck, 2mm more max COAL and a twist rate of 1:6.5 or similar. I know I am stupid and I was asking over in reloading how to get something with minimal recoil that could handle heavy .224 subs to light weight .224 at moderate velocities.

IMHO something that could push 55gr to 2000fps out of a 16" barrel, handle 77 or even 85gr bullets at subsonic velocities and push out lightweight varmint bullets like 45gr JHP hornet rounds at around 2300-2400fps would be really cool.

Why's? Something fairly easy on brass. Smaller case capacity to make a more reliable/accurate subsonic round, but still enough to kick out lighter bullets at reasonable velocities. Yes there is 22lr, but your realistic limit is 45gr bullets at ~970fps or 40/42gr at ~1000fps. Yes, you can shoot the SSS 60gr, but need a special barrel and going even slower. Here, you could potentially kick out 75-82gr bullets at ~1000-1050fps and suppress it really well, but have substantially improve ballistics and effect down range on varmints. A nice soft jhp boat tail .224 77gr bullet leaving the barrel at 1050fps is going to hit way harder than a 45gr .223 rebated tail bullet leaving the barrel at 970. 55gr for cheap plinking. Lighter faster bullets for long range varmiting.

Just saying, when I rule the world...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom