• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Not a fan but...he did ensure gun stores remained open during the pandemic. Slugo might try something wild, strange, and wonderful if he thinks the political winds are blowing the right direction in light of an upcoming SC decision... :shrug:

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Update….
    Wv again asks Maryland recognize West Virginia carry in Maryland . Thanks to Bruen.

“The dictates of the Court's decision are clear. Through one means or another, Maryland must now afford West Virginians a way of publicly carrying in Maryland for self-defense

As Maryland adjusts its laws to comply with the Supreme Court's decision, the best option to resolve the issue with respect to West Virginians would be for Maryland to grant reciprocity to those who have valid West Virginia concealed handgun licenses. As an alternative, Maryland could provide West Virginians with the ability to timely and inexpensively obtain Maryland permits, using objective licensing requirements like those used by the 43 "shall issue" States. “

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Last edited:

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    WV should sue MD for failure to honor WV citizens rights when Hogan refuses to respond. As a case of original jurisdiction, it goes directly to the Supreme Court.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    WV should sue MD for failure to honor WV citizens rights when Hogan refuses to respond. As a case of original jurisdiction, it goes directly to the Supreme Court.

This is Wv’s second request you may be on to something.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The MD Office of Attorney General would have to defend MD in court. And I imaging Frosh's ego would require him to present arguments personally, assuming he's a member of the Bar of the Supreme Court. Too bad cameras aren't allowed so we could watch him squirm as Thomas throw out hardball questions.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The MD Office of Attorney General would have to defend MD in court. And I imaging Frosh's ego would require him to present arguments personally, assuming he's a member of the Bar of the Supreme Court. Too bad cameras aren't allowed so we could watch him squirm as Thomas throw out hardball questions.
    SCOTUS will be closed until sometime in October. I don't know if they handle business on any sort of emergency basis, nor if something like this would qualify.

On the other hand, that would be a bit more than 90 days; by that time it will be apparent whether MD will comply with the SCOTUS decision in a timely fashion, and any shenanigans Frosh and his ilk may pull to slow-walk the right to bear will have become both obvious and egregious.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    To the lawyer folks:

excluding the but but but it’s guns exception, where does the full faith and credit clause play into this?

Could that be the basis for gaining reciprocity?

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    To the lawyer folks:

excluding the but but but it’s guns exception, where does the full faith and credit clause play into this?

Could that be the basis for gaining reciprocity?
    I think that would come into play if Congress passes a reciprocity law and MD or CA try to block it. I don’t see a suit succeeding at the moment suing to force reciprocity on another state

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I think that would come into play if Congress passes a reciprocity law and MD or CA try to block it. I don’t see a suit succeeding at the moment suing to force reciprocity on another state
    Unless the other state does not offer non-resident permits (like New York). I actually want to get a New York permit because I have some family there (upstate) and I travel through there about 3-4 times a year. However, New York doesn't offer non-resident permits.

Since non-resident permits aren't offered, there's now an issue of Equal Protection under the 14th Amendment (residents of NY are afforded an opportunity to exercise their now-recognized civil rights, whereas non-residents are not).

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Now that the right is recognized, reciprocity is only a matter of time. 14A and Obergefell v. Hodges (gay marriage) provide all the legal the underpinnings to make it happen. I’m sure the lawsuit machine is already spinning up. While you could certainly file a complaint against a state that doesn’t issue to non-residents (e.g. NY, CA, etc.), that may only force states to issue to non-residents. I’d bet MD or DC (MA, CT, RI, would work too, but DDC or the 4CA are better venues) will be the target of such a complaint as they will issue to non-residents, but don’t accept licenses from any other state. That is how you get to full reciprocity.

Last edited:

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Iirc there was a case in rural NY, where a non-ny resident property owner filed for a ny ccw. Was initially rejected and filed suit. 10-15years… don’t recall the outcome. I am thinking they eventually did issue, but I may be mistaken… it did go to court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom