• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    The Rugged Obsidian should do the trick. I would recommend getting a dedicated PCC can since changing boosters/fixed mounts suck during a range session, especially when the can is hot.

I got a Quietbore Form 1 kit with a tri-lug for my PCCs to supplement my Obsidian 45 for the pistols.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The Rugged Obsidian should do the trick. I would recommend getting a dedicated PCC can since changing boosters/fixed mounts suck during a range session, especially when the can is hot.

I got a Quietbore Form 1 kit with a tri-lug for my PCCs to supplement my Obsidian 45 for the pistols.

Thanks - and also read this thread more carefully which is full of great info:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=260681

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Real talk: a straight blowback 9mm PCC is the easiest host in the world and pretty much any reputable can is going to work good enough.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Almost anything .45 cal would work as long as it:

A.) has an adapter that allows it to stay attached to your PCC (taper mount, trilug, direct thread with wrench flats for torquing to spec, etc).

B.) is rated for your intended volume of fire.

C.) for the love of all that is holy, don’t be cheap and try to mount your suppressor on your PCC with your booster/Neilson device UNLESS you have a fixed barrel spacer installed.

Rugged is fine, Dead Air is fine, Griffin Armament is fine, they will all pretty much be fine. Go with whichever brand makes you happy and has the components you need with regular availability.

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    C.) for the love of all that is holy, don’t be cheap and try to mount your suppressor on your PCC with your booster/Neilson device UNLESS you have a fixed barrel spacer installed.

I didnt think there was any risk here and had to look it up. Apparently you risk baffle strikes if the barrel interferes with the booster travel. Fun!

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Almost anything .45 cal would work as long as it:

A.) has an adapter that allows it to stay attached to your PCC (taper mount, trilug, direct thread with wrench flats for torquing to spec, etc).

B.) is rated for your intended volume of fire.

Rugged is fine, Dead Air is fine, Griffin Armament is fine, they will all pretty much be fine. Go with whichever brand makes you happy and has the components you need with regular availability.

Can ordered.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So the time it takes to get the can approved allows me to accumulate the parts required to build a 45 ACP PCC using a CMMG radial delayed blowback system :)

Might even run it on an existing SBR if I can get it to be > 29"

EDIT - or 10mm :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom