• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Nothing you said has anything to do with what I said.

You mentioned you wouldn’t speculate on what is going on and also that you hoped what is happening with the ATF ends in a positive way.

I was relaying that nothing I’ve heard indicates anything going on is more than a standard SOT license expiring and working with the ATF to hand over any post sample machine guns remaining. So I’d imagine it will end positively (at least in respect to ATF/government dealings).

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    On the other hand I know people with million dollar collections that have only gone up in value. I guess it’s just any other investment, some are going to win, some are going to lose.

True, but I think with the description of hundreds of guns, but not a lot to crap in…

I know a guy or two like that. Sure, their collections are likely worth a ton. Also just as likely it’ll be their next of kin selling the collection for a fraction of its value after the guy I know ends up dying. And then likely paying off some of the debts he has with some of the proceeds from selling the collection in bulk to a dealer or auction house for dimes on the dollar.

Their life, but it is a bit sad to see as they don’t really “enjoy” their collection. Just sits and collects dust for 98% of it. While they live not quite hand to mouth.

It’s a couple odd ducks out of all the guys I know (one of the two guys I know their circumstances, the other one I am just guessing at. But it is a pretty educated guess).

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I loved Larry's Youtube videos, and his old Tac TV show on the Outdoors channel. I hope he is ok, and this isn't a sign of things to come. I know he has been battling cancer, and I was hopeful he'd beat it, but kinda lost track of his battle.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    *****I know quite a few people like this. They have several hundred guns, basically everywhere in their home, some not even in a safe, and have no liquid assets. I guess they figure their guns are their retirement fund somehow, but they live off Social Security now, with no other regular income sources, are retired, and can't pay a plumber to fix their toilet - I only know this because I literally gave a range friend the money to pay to fix his toilet..

He wanted to give me ammo, and this really cool leather shoulder rig that can hold TWO S&W large framed 44 Magnum revolvers (when one isn't enough..) that he used to carry before he became so big it doesn't fit anymore...

The guy I know like this goes to the range mebbe 2-3x per year with some cool guns, but that's about the extent of actually shooting his guns. They just sit in a safe.

Ironically, a gun shop owner I know, who could buy pretty much whatever, only has a couple of guns himself, a revolver for HD, and a shotgun he inherited from his grandfather. It's true that not everyone in the gun business just buys lots of guns for themselves.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. There's probably a balance somewhere in between two extremes of gun owners. I'm in there somewhere, but I don't ever wanna have lots of guns but no money to fix my toilet! I value my guns and toilets.

Guns and commodes...
    I'll start another thread.:D

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    Not a good update. Anyone feel safer?

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I feel less.
    But, they played a stupid game and got caught. The NFA is BS, but still the law. I feel for these people. They weren't trying to supply the Cartels or terrorists. Straight stupid.

Last edited:

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I feel less.
    But, they played a stupid game and got caught. The NFA is BS, but still the law. I feel for these people. They weren't trying to supply the Cartels or terrorists. Straight stupid.
    NFA is stupid and unconstitutional. Someday maybe the Supreme Court will agree. I don't know anything about this story, but I do know that we all make choices. I'm sure they knew the risk. But, as free men, they chose to take it. Choice, not stupidity.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Risky activity. I just find it irritating when people are insulting to those who are violating unconstitutional, thereby, illegitimate laws. Laws only work because people abide by them. If lots of people stopped abiding by illegitimate laws, those laws effectively become moot. Or that's the theory anyhow.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I remember watching my friend Hunter making machine guns in his Delaware basement with his father Joe before they double-teamed underaged lady-boys in the corner as Beau’s corpse looked on….

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I remember watching my friend Hunter making machine guns in his Delaware basement with his father Joe before they double-teamed underaged lady-boys in the corner as Beau’s corpse looked on….
    Did you get any of your buddy hunter's coke? I hear it is better than the mayor gets.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    I guess Larry is internet famous, but not in real life. I saw him sitting at a table at a Dulles show for a meet and greet except there was not a single person there talking to him. He looked completely bored out of his mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom