Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Reloading
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2022, 11:59 PM #1
Susquehannabum Susquehannabum is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 13
Susquehannabum Susquehannabum is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 13
350 Legend Subsonic

Anybody loading 350 Legend with a 200 grain bullet subsonic?
Not a lot of info out there on powders.
Susquehannabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2022, 01:10 AM #2
guzma393's Avatar
guzma393 guzma393 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 415
guzma393 guzma393 is offline
Member
guzma393's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susquehannabum View Post
Anybody loading 350 Legend with a 200 grain bullet subsonic?

Not a lot of info out there on powders.
Dabbled a bit in it using imr4227 and the lee 358/200 grain gas checked and powder coated bullet. Loaded for a boltgun though, so not sure if they run on a AR.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
guzma393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2022, 10:08 PM #3
Susquehannabum Susquehannabum is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 13
Susquehannabum Susquehannabum is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 13
I'm loading for a bolt gun also. Being such a new cartridge, there is not a lot of loading data out there. I have some 2400, Bullseye, H110 and Lil' Gun to work with. H110 and Lil'Gun are not good for reduced loads. Trying to find a safe load.
Susquehannabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2022, 10:20 PM #4
teratos's Avatar
teratos teratos is offline
My hair is amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bel Air
Posts: 41,560
teratos teratos is offline
My hair is amazing
teratos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bel Air
Posts: 41,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susquehannabum View Post
I'm loading for a bolt gun also. Being such a new cartridge, there is not a lot of loading data out there. I have some 2400, Bullseye, H110 and Lil' Gun to work with. H110 and Lil'Gun are not good for reduced loads. Trying to find a safe load.
I’ve used H110 and Lil Gun in .300 BLK subs with success. 220-240 grain projectiles. Cycles fine. Something like 10.5 grains Lil gun is where I landed on those with 220 grain leatherhead bullets. Should be great in a bolt gun.
__________________
Quote:
"The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it.No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it."(16 Am. Jur. 2d, Section 177; later 2d, Section 256)
teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2022, 10:29 PM #5
guzma393's Avatar
guzma393 guzma393 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 415
guzma393 guzma393 is offline
Member
guzma393's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 415
https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ght=350+legend

Here is my post on cast boolits. Alot of users posted their reduced loads. In addition, here is a popular thread about cast bullet reduced loads. I'm sure you'll find some leads of subsonic load data in it:

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ght=350+legend
guzma393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2022, 10:31 PM #6
guzma393's Avatar
guzma393 guzma393 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 415
guzma393 guzma393 is offline
Member
guzma393's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by teratos View Post
I’ve used H110 and Lil Gun in .300 BLK subs with success. 220-240 grain projectiles. Cycles fine. Something like 10.5 grains Lil gun is where I landed on those with 220 grain leatherhead bullets. Should be great in a bolt gun.
Lil'gun does some weird things (incomplete burn, pressure spikes) when loaded below the starting load. It's forgiving for 300 blk since the case capacity is alot smaller than 350L. I wouldn't recommend using lil'gun for reduced loads for 350L. I never worked with h110, but i assume it might be a similar case.
guzma393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2022, 10:32 PM #7
teratos's Avatar
teratos teratos is offline
My hair is amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bel Air
Posts: 41,560
teratos teratos is offline
My hair is amazing
teratos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bel Air
Posts: 41,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzma393 View Post
Lil'gun does some weird things when loaded below the starting load. It's forgiving for 300 blk since the case capacity is alot smaller than 350L. I wouldn't recommend using lil'gun for reduced loads for 350L. I never worked with h110, but i assume it might be a similar case.
Ah. Good to know. Thank you!
__________________
Quote:
"The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it.No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it."(16 Am. Jur. 2d, Section 177; later 2d, Section 256)
teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2022, 11:08 PM #8
atblis atblis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,633
atblis atblis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,633
Anybody seen the Winchester 255 gr for sale as components?
atblis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2022, 11:12 PM #9
Melnic's Avatar
Melnic Melnic is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: HoCo
Posts: 12,136
Melnic Melnic is online now
Senior Member
Melnic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: HoCo
Posts: 12,136
It would be good to see if Trailboss worked out for subs. I"ve used Trailboss in 308 subsonic.
Melnic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2022, 09:13 AM #10
Susquehannabum Susquehannabum is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 13
Susquehannabum Susquehannabum is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 13
I've read everything I could find on the CB site about sub loads in 350L. Of course I have plenty of the not recommended powder. H110 and Lil'Gun. Looks like Norma 200 is very good for sub loads but it's impossible to find right now.
I have a whole 8lb jug of Bullseye and some 2400. I'm hoping to find someone that has tried one of them.
Susquehannabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Reloading


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2021, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service