• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    I mean, I don't really WANT to have to go that route, but if it's my only recourse, it is what it is. I just want to know why I'm flagged and if it can be corrected before going the UPIN route.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i just show the dealer my license. works every time.:D

Attachments

• McLovin-Driver-s-License-superbad-641196_417_266.jpg
      McLovin-Driver-s-License-superbad-641196_417_266.jpg
      28.3 KB · Views: 245

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    So, I finally got delayed on a NICS check. It is super frustrating, because I had set up a convenient transfer between a VA resident and myself. Now, I have to go out of my way to get my rifle. I was about to start hitting out of state gun shows to find a few rifles, but I will have to re-think that now.

I think the most frustrating part is the lack of transparency. I did a MD case search and wow, there are a lot of people with my same name and no middle initial doing a lot of crap. So, with the exception of a recent shotgun purchase from a non-IP, I have never had a NICS check come back in under 15 minutes.

I remember Lou45 waiting on the phone for over 30 minutes once to get a Proceed on me.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Even with my name, I've never found the need for a UPIN. I don't understand how something like this can happen if you supply your SS#. Without it, I guess all bets are off.

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    Even with my name, I've never found the need for a UPIN. I don't understand how something like this can happen if you supply your SS#. Without it, I guess all bets are off.

SSN was supplied. I know I'm not going to get denied. I guess I'm more venting than anything. The system should work better.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    SSN was supplied. I know I'm not going to get denied. I guess I'm more venting than anything. The system should work better.

I understand your concern. With your SS#, there should be absolutely no reason for a delay. I just don't get it.

I wonder if they don't have a quota? :innocent0

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    I went through that even with a UPIN..if one source dosn't come back you go on delay as I was told at a FFL

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I never have a problem or a wait as I have a Christian first name, a Russian middle name and an Irish last name the combo is not repeated anywhere in the USA. Chris

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    Make that Rootin Tootin Rasputin Brown :D
    Even better! ;)

So, I was just "Not Disapproved" on a handgun purchase this morning, which makes the delay even more annoying. I should be able to pick up tomorrow. after the 3 business day expiration. Hopefully, they return a Proceed, so I don't have to think about this any further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom