• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    a few years ago I inherited an old 238a bolt action 20 gauge that was my grandfathers. Somewhere before I ever got it the mag was lost. This thing is not worth much except for sentimental value to me. I would like to fix it up and maybe shoot it a little.

so far i have been unable to locate a replacement mag for it. my google skills have failed me. If anyone has a lead on maybe where to find one I would be grateful.

this is the one I found, out of stock, I suspect never to come back in stock again, but I signed up for email notification anyway in case I am wrong.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/198290

Wood is decent but barrel is rusted and needs some love. this will end up being a bubba job by me I think just to get it back to usable form.

this thing looks very similar to the Mossberg bolt action 20ga my OTHER grandfather gave me before he passed about 25 years ago. so BOTH of my grandfathers had these inexpensive bolt action 20 gauges... must have been the budget thing to do back in the day. Neither one had a very easy life... one was kept out in the smokehouse over the door, the other lived in the corner of a garage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom