• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    A three-judge panel of the Seventh Circuit heard arguments Friday morning over whether two Wisconsin public school students wearing shirts with gun imagery in class are protected by free speech rights.

The questions before the panel included both whether these specific students' shirts were protected, and whether gun imagery on students' clothes should be considered protected speech in general.

The issue stems from two students - identified in court records as N.J. and A.L. - wearing shirts with depictions of guns on them to school to show their support for Second Amendment rights. Both students' respective middle and high schools ordered them to cover those depictions or not wear them to school at all. The students, through their parents, sued their school districts on the grounds that those orders violated their First Amendment rights.

https://www.courthousenews.com/appeals-court-hears-challenge-to-school-ban-on-gun-t-shirts/

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Watching with interest … circa 70’s, a 7th or 8th grade PG Co public schools teacher attempted - in front of the entire rest of the classroom - to force me to turn-inside-out one of those old gray tee shirts with the big “NRA” letters across the front … got home and mentioned it at the dinner table, whoopsie! Hehe, the old man didn’t carpool to the Pentagon next day with the rest of the neighborhood dads but that teacher did apologize to me and turned the next day’s geometry lesson into a half hour discussion about civil discourse …

Oh yeah. And he passed me with a “D.”

Last edited:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    aweseome

Watching with interest … circa 70’s, a 7th or 8th grade PG Co public schools teacher attempted - in front of the entire rest of the classroom - to force me to turn-inside-out one of those old gray tee shirts with the big “NRA” letters across the front … got home and mentioned it at the dinner table, whoopsie! Hehe, the old man didn’t carpool to the Pentagon next day with the rest of the neighborhood dads but that teacher did apologize to me and turned the next day’s geometry lesson into a half hour discussion about civil discourse …

Oh yeah. And he passed me with a “D.”

I love feel good stories :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom