• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    I am trying to determine the value of a COLT 6920 SOCOM. Any help would be appreciated. 6920 socom 001.JPG

6920 socom 003.JPG

6920 socom 004.JPG

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    BTW I believe I can read the number through the tape on the first photo (of the box) if you are concerned about that.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    $2000-$2500 depending on condition. It's a seller's market right now.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    $2000-$2500 depending on condition. It's a seller's market right now.
    I agree. Especially in a gun store. The new buyers are going to the stores paying top dollar. They don't shop online (or get confused by it, with arranging the shipment to an FFL, etc).

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I was curious the other day and looked on GB. A couple were $2,500. Looked like same seller. Don’t know if they sold for that though.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    I was curious the other day and looked on GB. A couple were $2,500. Looked like same seller. Don’t know if they sold for that though.

Looks like typical Gunbroker shenanigans. The listings are "selling" for $1800 to $2500, then getting relisted for the same price. Also a lot of the same very low to no feedback buyers driving up the current bid.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Maybe seller has multiple units?

It's possible. I just know from my own limited bidding experience that a seller will have an alternate account drive up the bid, and if they win then they'll keeping relisting and repeating until a sucker makes the final bid.

I watched this happen to the same few boxes of Israeli 8mm from a notoriously colored blanket.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I sold one for 3K and another to a friend for 2K. Just after Colt stopped selling to the unwashed masses in September, they were bringing about 3K but that has settled down a bit. Current value is $2000-2500.

They made way more than 300 (think in the thousands) but it's hard to figure out just how many because they shared the serial number block with the HBPW model ad Colt isn't giving out any information.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    I sold one for 3K and another to a friend for 2K. Current value is $2000-2500.

They made way more than 300 (think in the thousands) but it's hard to figure out just how many because they shared the serial number block with the HBPW model ad Colt isn't giving out any information.

Wow, maybe I was wrong. Guess people are going crazy for the pony.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    It's the only rifle Colt ever made and sold to the public with a US property mark. The Retro Vietnam thing had their name on it but they didn't make it. The SOCOM has a 100% (except for the extended flash hider) USGI upper taken right off the government supply assembly line. It's as close as Joe Public is going to get to the real thing without enlisting. To collectors, that demands a premium. The HBPW was made in far fewer numbers but it doesn't have the property mark so it's less sought after.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    It's the only rifle Colt ever made and sold to the public with a US property mark. The Retro Vietnam thing had their name on it but they didn't make it. The SOCOM has a 100% (except for the extended flash hider) USGI upper taken right off the government supply assembly line. It's as close as Joe Public is going to get to the real thing without enlisting. To collectors, that demands a premium. The HBPW was made in far fewer numbers but it doesn't have the property mark so it's less sought after.

My m16a1 is not US property marked but definitely closer. :innocent0

The cost reflects this however. :o

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Thank EarnestT for asking the question. Outrider, I am interested to hear what you find out.

I rarely sell any guns and not sure I would sell my SOCOM. Tough decision but if Colt is holding back info maybe I should hold onto it. I would hate to lose it in a boating accident. I paid around $2k for it in '13 but that also was a high point in the market. OTOH, I have others that shoot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom