• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MayoMan

Feb 27, 2007
    Harford County
    Are there any magazine restrictions in DE similar to MD?
    Any restrictions on possession or purchase of semi auto firearms i.e. AR-15s or AKs?

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    Just that you're guaranteed to have the cops called on you if you do, because the citizens of Delaware, for the most part, don't realize they are an open carry state.

Obviously you have never heard of Delaware Open Carry.

http://www.deloc.org/

Quite a following for Open Carry started about 6 years ago when the founding members realized that due to lack of law prohibiting it, that open carry was indeed legal. There have been very few incidents and those police encounters that do happen are resolved pretty quickly. Most police in DE are aware that open carry is legal and will not hassle you for doing so. I have open carried in DE on many occasions myself without incident.

Dover's open carry ban predates Delawares right to bear arms being inserted in their Constitution or something to that effect. Therefore the open carry is upheld inside city limits.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    Obviously you have never heard of Delaware Open Carry.

http://www.deloc.org/

Quite a following for Open Carry started about 6 years ago when the founding members realized that due to lack of law prohibiting it, that open carry was indeed legal. There have been very few incidents and those police encounters that do happen are resolved pretty quickly. Most police in DE are aware that open carry is legal and will not hassle you for doing so. I have open carried in DE on many occasions myself without incident.

Dover's open carry ban predates Delawares right to bear arms being inserted in their Constitution or something to that effect. Therefore the open carry is upheld inside city limits.

Obviously you have never OC'd in New Castle County. Walk downtown: Wilmington, Newark, or New Castle, and then get back to me. Slower Delaware doesn't count.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    Obviously you have never OC'd in New Castle County. Walk downtown: Wilmington, Newark, or New Castle, and then get back to me. Slower Delaware doesn't count.

All my open carry experience is in New Castle County. Not even so much as a stop by police. Never been to Slower Delaware to carry. Try again.

Once again I strongly suggest you head on over to DELOC and do some reading in the forums.

http://www.deloc.org

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    All my open carry experience is in New Castle County. Not even so much as a stop by police. Never been to Slower Delaware to carry. Try again.

Once again I strongly suggest you head on over to DELOC and do some reading in the forums.

http://www.deloc.org

WHERE IN NEW CASTLE COUNTY?

I grew up and work in New Castle County. When was the last time you walked downtown Newark OC'ing? Reading about it in a forum? Again, I'm there everyday. I have yet to see ANYONE other than LEO OC'ing in New Castle County.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    WHERE IN NEW CASTLE COUNTY?

I grew up and work in New Castle County. When was the last time you walked downtown Newark OC'ing? Reading about it in a forum? Again, I'm there everyday. I have yet to see ANYONE other than LEO OC'ing in New Castle County.

I haven't been to Newark in a while. Its hardly just reading it in a forum. There are members there that post daily carry logs as to where they go and their experiences. No there aren't hundreds carrying but there is a pretty good sized group that is getting bigger everyday,

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    I haven't been to Newark in a while. Its hardly just reading it in a forum. There are members there that post daily carry logs as to where they go and their experiences. No there aren't hundreds carrying but there is a pretty good sized group that is getting bigger everyday,

Don't get me wrong, friend, I applaud your efforts. Having grown up and now living in Newark, with ties to both Wilmington and New Castle, I know how liberal those areas of the states are becoming, let alone, how liberal Claymont has ALWAYS been. Especially with the U of D and the students, you OC in Newark and you'll be testing the waters, for sure. God speed to to you all!

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Kudos to the folks that are mainstreaming the idea to the public in DE. If I still lived there I'd be doing the same. We all need to be ready to match their courage when we are able to do so here.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    so i can do sbr snd short shotguns in de?!?! where do i go to start the paper work for those?

raymond2688

Jan 13, 2011
    seaford delaware
    the only class 3 we can have is SBR no short bearrle shotguns no auto weapons ect. there are presently no class 3 dealears in delaware per atf....i looked into it in order to sell SBR, we have no capasity limit on magazines

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    I know I travelled over to Dover to get some 30rd 5.56 PMags for my AR.... Decent deal even if it was the place on Dupont Hwy that everyone on Deloc bashes

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Don't get me wrong, friend, I applaud your efforts. Having grown up and now living in Newark, with ties to both Wilmington and New Castle, I know how liberal those areas of the states are becoming, let alone, how liberal Claymont has ALWAYS been. Especially with the U of D and the students, you OC in Newark and you'll be testing the waters, for sure. God speed to to you all!

My Brother lives in Newark and he used to OC there occasionally until he got his CCW. I don't know how often he OC'ed, but he did say he got some suprised looks while walking around the store while shopping.

He never had any serious problems, fortunately.

Rob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom