• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about this trigger.

Seems they had some QC issues with a few recent batches. This weekend at our Carroll County shoot, mine exhibited some issues w/ slam fires in my SBR. I worked on the trigger this weekend, and took it back out to the range today. It seems that the trigger can be adjusted to allow for burst firing from an AR-15, even though I only have a 2-position safety. :innocent0

Sure enough, dialing the adjustments back down allowed my SBR to go back to semi-auto.

I spoke to Alexander Arms about this, and they confirmed that apparently some of their trigger groups snuck out with a disconnector that will allow for full auto firing. They are a stand up group and have offered to repair/replace the trigger when I send it back to them. IMHO, this is an excellent trigger. Worth a look if you are looking for something custom.

Now, I'm posting this because anyone else that might have one of their triggers may have similar issues. For the record, it is ILLEGAL to have a fully automatic weapon unless you pay the appropriate taxes, etc. Also, your AR-15 would need to have an M-16 BCG (which is legal to have) for this to function in the same manner as I described above. What you choose to do with this information is completely up to you.

:D

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    It was cool sounding when it did go off though lol. Whats funny is noone at the range seemed to even notice haha.

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    Russ, I have no idea what you're talking about. I was absolutely mortified when that happened.

*runs inside to get away from the lightning*

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Im suprised the man hasnt outlawed adjustable AR and AK triggers. If you know what your doing they can be "fun" or downright dangerous if not adjusted to factory spec.

ETA: I love adjustable triggers, I just meant to say Im suprised they havent been a target.

SHHHHHHH. don't them any ideas please

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom