• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Was wondering if the Rock Island Armory VR80 - 12 Gauge semi-auto shotgun is MD legal?

If not, why?

Thanks,

jamesenoch

Aug 23, 2014
    Was wondering if the Rock Island Armory VR80 - 12 Gauge semi-auto shotgun is MD legal?

If not, why?

Thanks,

I bought mine from John Lowe, so I would say yes..

By the way, it’s an awesome looking shotgun.. Cannot wait to take it up to SLCFSA..

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    OK, thanks. Ran into a Gunbroker seller that had one but, refuses to sell to MD residents because he states it cannot be sold to MD residence. Thought it might be a load but, wanted to check.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Was looking at the VR80 and the F12. Looks like the VR80 has more versatility as far as configuration (compatibility with AR platform parts). The F12 has more models available and more magazine options at this time but, both have similar specs with regards to OAL, barrel length and weight. The price is the big difference. The F12 retails for a couple hundred more than the VR80.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well I got a VR80 from John. Took it out to break it in. Shoots great and is dead on accurate. Was breaking clays left and right.

Recoil is about what you would expect. Picked up a couple of extra mags. Definitely have to watch how you load them. All ammo cycled well. No failures.

No to try my 410 AR upper and see how that does.

Dave

Aug 10, 2018
    Well I got a VR80 from John. Took it out to break it in. Shoots great and is dead on accurate. Was breaking clays left and right.

Recoil is about what you would expect. Picked up a couple of extra mags. Definitely have to watch how you load them. All ammo cycled well. No failures.

No to try my 410 AR upper and see how that does.

Dave
    What shells did you use to break it in? Did you clean and oil the gun before the break in? TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom