• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Very effective, and correct about "need" vs. "want."

This should be incorporated into people's testimony before the MGA, and our commie politicians should be confronted with his arguments about "need" vs. "want."

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I like the way he turned the argument around. But he should know better than to say that the military wants AR-15s. :sad20:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    He doesn't want 30 round magazines because they jam. He prefers 15 rounders.

Sounds like he's confusing the AR with the M1 Carbine.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    He starts by pointing out that the question, "Why do you need an AR 15" is a Complex Question, like "Have you stopped beating your wife?" He then makes a good point: the question should be, "Why do so many millions and millions and millions of people WANT an AR 15?"

... These are a few points I've had in mind for awhile. I keep expecting someone else to point them out, but I guess it falls to me.

... It would be nice if you attribute it to "Threeband."

The Universal Rifle

The AR 15 is the Universal Rifle - the one rifle to have if you can only have one rifle.

It can do pretty much anything you'd call on a rifle to do. It is excellent for training and for introduction to shooting, with its highly refined iron sights and moderate recoil. It is easy to add scopes or red dot sights. Easy to customize for fit, with adjustable stocks for large and small shooters. It is great for informal shooting, and has excellent ergonomics.

It is the standard for serious target competition. The design is fundamentally very accurate, with its multi-lug bolt locking positively into the barrel, the direct impingement system eliminating moving parts which degrade accuracy, and its aluminum and synthetic construction eliminating wood and traditional bedding challenges.

It is excellent for many types of hunting. Remember, the AR 15 is not just a .223/5.56 caliber rifle. It can change calibers in less than a minute, down to .22 rimfire, and up to .300 Blackout, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC, and even .458 SOCOM and .50 Beowulf. These choices make it the modern equivalent of the old .30-30 deer rifle, or even the .45-70 buffalo gun.

It is excellent for home defense. When loaded with appropriate ammunition, it is much less likely to penetrate walls than is a pistol. It is a wise and comforting precaution for a single person alone, whether on an isolated farm or in a suburban house or apartment.

It is the authoritative Keeper of the Peace during times of social breakdown, as during riots or natural disasters. It can send looters on their way without firing a shot, but it is no bluff.

It is the last defense against a tyrannical government, should the would-be elites forget that authority comes from the consent of the governed and that power comes from the barrel of a gun.

It is simply the best general purpose, all around rifle for almost any imaginable purpose: the Universal Rifle.

That is why it is the most popular rifle in America today.

- "Threeband"

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Mr. Alan Korwin make some good points, "Because it a great Friggen Gun"

Haha yeah that was a great line.

I usually answer the question "Why does anyone need an AR-15? It's not designed for hunting." with something like "Some people DO use them for hunting, but that's far from the only thing it's good at. It's great for self defense and is the most popular target sporting rifle in the country because it's reasonably priced, very accurate, and there are tons of interchangeable parts to make it your own." ... but I like this guy's answer better.

Ghostrider1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2009
    The PGC
    We shouldn’t get defensive when an AR is described as a military weapon. Our answer should be, “So what?” If we cede that “military” weapons are inappropriate for civilians, that puts a lot of guns (all of them) on the chopping block.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    We shouldn’t get defensive when an AR is described as a military weapon. Our answer should be, “So what?” If we cede that “military” weapons are inappropriate for civilians, that puts a lot of guns (all of them) on the chopping block.

As well as a lot of other gear.

Good point.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I would prefer, it has a similar look. But it's design has some important differences; it is Semi-Automatic only, and doesn't have full automatic fire or a three round burst function. These are important differences. I'm not going to give the left any leverage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom