• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Teacher

Feb 16, 2007
    Just Around the Corner
    I had the opportunity to visit the new PX located at Fort Meade this past weekend. They are scheduled to open a new section in the spring and will be selling rifles, shotguns and hand guns. Has anyone had experience with this in other locations?? I wonder what the rules will be considering being located in Maryland?

Boar13A

Nov 19, 2014
    Well I'm active army and I was there a couple weeks ago. Bought a 30 round mag at the tactical store! They said its federal land so essentially the can sell what they want. The only catch was you have to be active duty. I'll assume the guns will be the same. That's how it is at every other post I've been. You must present a CAC card and orders to state when purchasing a firearm at the PX

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Well I'm active army and I was there a couple weeks ago. Bought a 30 round mag at the tactical store! They said its federal land so essentially the can sell what they want. The only catch was you have to be active duty. I'll assume the guns will be the same. That's how it is at every other post I've been. You must present a CAC card and orders to state when purchasing a firearm at the PX

30 rd mag surprises me. But GREAT news. As long as you are active duty, and NOT a resident of Maryland? :)

Mr H

Banana'd

By that reasoning, it would seem that we could meet at the Fed. Courthouse, or even USPS property, and trade mags.

I'm thinking there will be some clarification needed on that one.

Boar13A

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm not sure guys. Im just telling you what I was told by the lady working the shop. I'm not saying they are gonna sell AR's that are regulated or other firearms of the sort I have no idea or claiming to know the laws. but they do sell the 30 rounds Pmags. And she didn't mention not being a MD resident. So I'm not sure if that is something that plays into factor.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm not sure guys. Im just telling you what I was told by the lady working the shop. I'm not saying they are gonna sell AR's that are regulated or other firearms of the sort I have no idea or claiming to know the laws. but they do sell the 30 rounds Pmags. And she didn't mention not being a MD resident. So I'm not sure if that is something that plays into factor.

The important part, how much? :D

Boar13A

Nov 19, 2014
    Most likely to much, if they're anything like the rest of the stuff in the tacticool store.

Haha your right! 25 a piece but I only did it to say I did. Now that I did I am satisfied. And half the other stuff in that tacticool store is junk. But I did get a don't tread on me flag as well!

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Stopped by today, didn't see the magazines, suppose I should have asked.

Also, where is the store that sells the firearms & ammo (another thread on this forum had pictures of the store)?

Boar13A

Nov 19, 2014
    The mags where in the tacticool store across from clothing and sales to the right of all the morale patches on the counter. The gun store is in the very back of the main PX. As of two weeks ago it was still "coming soon". Not sure the status.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    The mags where in the tacticool store across from clothing and sales to the right of all the morale patches on the counter. The gun store is in the very back of the main PX. As of two weeks ago it was still "coming soon". Not sure the status.

Dang, I saw the patches but missed the magazines. :(

Boar13A

Nov 19, 2014
    They may not have any in stock. If people caught on to it lol. They may of sold out quick. Who knows. But yea they were on the smaller portion of the counter where it makes the right angle going towards the wall there.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    They may not have any in stock. If people caught on to it lol. They may of sold out quick. Who knows. But yea they were on the smaller portion of the counter where it makes the right angle going towards the wall there.

For sure I missed them, we looked over the patches (coming from left to right) and maybe made the right turn too quickly. Have final shopping in am, will check and or ask the young lady behind the counter.

As previously stated, the prices are high.

Boar13A

Nov 19, 2014
    For sure I missed them, we looked over the patches (coming from left to right) and maybe made the right turn too quickly. Have final shopping in am, will check and or ask the young lady behind the counter.

As previously stated, the prices are high.

Yea just keep following the counter around and if they got Em you should run into em. And yea pricey but hey at least if you want it you don't have to cross state lines or worry about shipping and waiting for other products.

Alderleet

Always, Sometimes.
    Sep 25, 2013
    AA
    Haha I know the feeling! Everytime I'm in there I walk by. I'm really curious as to what they're gonna stock it with.

Hopefully they stock FAL's, M1A's, PTR-91's, AK's, standard AR carbines, Drum mags, ect. That way when Gov. O'malley finds out about it, he has a brain aneurysm due to the intense butthurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom