Attachments

• nh.jpg
      nh.jpg
      22.8 KB · Views: 360

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    It has been 6 weeks and my check hasn't been cashed yet.

They usually respond pretty quickly to emails:

PermitsAndLicensing@DOS.NH.GOV

they may be overloaded and short staffed due to the holiday.

As E said, call or email.

https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/index.html

I called on Wednesday (exactly one month) and left a voicemail.
    I'll try emailing them.

Thanks

Last week I left VM 3 times. I finally called the basic number and just pushed option 1 on Friday and spoke to someone who answered my questions.
    Mailed ap Nov 8th!
    Mailed out permit Dec 13th.
    I should get in Monday!

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    My check was cashed on the 6th but still no permit. Should I be concerned or is that the usual turn around time for mailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    it can take up to two weeks or more after the check is cashed to actually receive the permit.

I'd guess you'll see it very soon.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Basically in 2013 NH changed its rules saying out of state applicants needed to have a permit from their home state. This was overturned by the state supreme court.

Plaintiff was Scott Bach, president of ANJRPC which is the state NRA organization. The court even acknowledged that residents of states like NJ would never be able to satisfy the requirement. Wow.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20160602/NEWS21/160609812&source=RSS

So if NH cannot deny a non-resident a permit, or require them to hold a permit from their home state, how can a state like MD deny a permit to their own residents?

This kind of helps and hurts us.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Because the NH statute allows anyone to get a permit and does not require a home state permit.

Some administrative ruling added the home state permit requirement. The Court ruled that without a statute change, the rule was invalid.

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    Me and the Missus got ours yesterday. Was kind of surprised because they sent mine back for a correction, but they came on the same day. She's a little tickled about the whole being able to carry thing now.

I called on Wednesday (exactly one month) and left a voicemail.
    I'll try emailing them.

Thanks

Here is their response from 12/21 (2 weeks ago)...
    Good Morning,
    As this is our busy season, we are currently only up to mail that has been received on Nov. 8th. It’s very likely that we have your application here, but it is just waiting to be processed. You may check back with us in a few days, or if you see that your check’s been cashed, then you’ll know that we’re moving ahead with the process.
    I hope this helps.
    -Colleen
    Permits and Licensing

I mailed it on 11/13 and my check still hasn't been cashed. So much for the one month turnaround.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Good Morning,
    As this is our busy season, we are currently only up to mail that has been received on Nov. 8th. It’s very likely that we have your application here, but it is just waiting to be processed. You may check back with us in a few days, or if you see that your check’s been cashed, then you’ll know that we’re moving ahead with the process.
    I hope this helps.
    -Colleen
    Permits and Licensing

I mailed it on 11/13 and my check still hasn't been cashed. So much for the one month turnaround.

My application was in that Nov 8th received mailing, my check was cashed Dec 20th and I didn't receive the permit until 12/29.
    Yours should be close behind. Definitely not 30 days with the holidays in the mix.

Good Morning,
    I hope this helps.
    -Colleen
    Permits and Licensing

Guess who had a $100 check withdrawn last night.:D

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Tell me if I understand this correctly: All that's required to apply is filling out the form? No training certificates, prints, etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom