• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knuckle Dragger

May 7, 2012
    Introduced by DiFi and the usual crew.

I noticed this detail in her press release. I think it's an important one.

I wasn't aware that the FBI gets notification - if that's the case, what else do they need? If the FBI decides that the guy is a threat, then they simply investigate him. We're talking about 2,500 notifications per decade, and even fewer individuals - less than one guy/day. This should be easily handled by the FBI under the existing scheme.

source - http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...2-CACACEDE2EE7
    Review Congressional testimony from 2010. It spells out the NICS process with regard to the watch list in great detail: https://www2.fbi.gov/congress/congress10/roberts050510.htm

Of course they're not above putting the whole NRA membership list on the watch list if they pass this.
    Though extreme, this is the logical end point for some of the thinking around this issue:
    Declare the NRA a Terrorist Organization

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Great 9,153 asshats signed up so far

NRA needs to take moveon to legal hell for slander

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    "Terror Watch" Amendment

Review Congressional testimony from 2010. It spells out the NICS process with regard to the watch list in great detail: https://www2.fbi.gov/congress/congress10/roberts050510.htm

Though extreme, this is the logical end point for some of the thinking around this issue:

Good stuff, thanks for the link. AD Roberts thinks the current system is working just dandy it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I believe it was a Texas senator that offered up a bill in response that would make the FBI go before a judge within three days and establish probable cause to keep the gun sale from being completed. It was rejected by Feinstein et. al. They are not embracing common sense regarding due process so our only option is to hold fast.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I believe it was a Texas senator that offered up a bill in response that would make the FBI go before a judge within three days and establish probable cause to keep the gun sale from being completed. It was rejected by Feinstein et. al. They are not embracing common sense regarding due process so our only option is to hold fast.

Most real players have FISC judges on speed dial.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Talking to son in law last night. How hard would it be for FBI to take terror watch list and flag those names in NICS? At least it would cause a delay for someone on the list and they could be looked into further if trying to purchase a firearm. The San Bernardino couple used a 3rd party straw purchase.

The problem with the terror watch list is that you won't know you are on it until one of your rights or privileges is suspended extra judicially and you are denied the exercise of your rights or privileges.

How would you like having your rights taken with out any way to challenge why or how they were taken from you.

If you are in the USA and you get on the terror watch list you should be deported if you are nota US citizen.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Watch List Checkoff

White
    Male
    Conservative
    Catholic
    Republican
    Army Veteran
    MDS Member
    NRA Member and Owner of AR15 and M1A
    Nature Conservationist aka Climate Denier
    Hunter
    Fisherman
    Carnivore
    Anti-Illegal Immigration
    Trump Voter
    Fair/Flat Taxer
    Drives Gas Guzzlers
    Reads Books
    Knows the DOI plus COTUS Preamble and BOR
    Some Snowflake will think that I must be a real dangerous man and report me.
    I take exception sir.

I DEMAND (in true liberal fashion) that "Misanthropic Jew" be added to the list.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    So, let's get this straight...

They WILL NOT PURSUE NOR WILL THEY PROSECUTE M-FRs they know are guilty but they do want to suspend yet another Constitutional right. Right?

Their hubris, arrogance and hatred of these United States is boundless.

Let's sit around and discuss it some more. That's working so well.

I SAY LET THEM HAVE IT. WHEN THEY PUT THE WHOLE OF COMMUNITIES LIKE MDS ON THE LIST, THEN WE'LL HAVE EVIDENCE. THEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE.

Caps lock over.

Last edited:

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

They WILL NOT PURSUE NOR WILL THEY PROSECUTE M-FRs they know are guilty but they do want to suspend yet another Constitutional right. Right?

I SAY LET THEM HAVE IT. WHEN THEY OUT THE WHOLE OF COMMUNITIES LIKE MDS ON THE LIST, THEN WE'LL HAVE EVIDENCE. THEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE.

Caps lock over.

:thumbsup: I agree.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I take exception sir.

I DEMAND (in true liberal fashion) that "Misanthropic Jew" be added to the list.

That's my list.

I'm sure your own list will get you your own black bag over the head.

We can have a MDS get together after our rendition to the DHS Barry Obama Center for the Criminally Conservative

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    They are also talking about how it's a shame they couldn't expand background checks after Newton and that hopefully enough will vote for that bill this time around. The Newtown shooter stole his weapons with force and the Orlando jihadi passed a background check....so how again does eliminating private sales have anything to do with these 2 events?

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    There are FOUR amendments being considered today. What I found out today was to call Sen B Cardin's office. This BILL
    H.R.2578 — 114th Congress (2015-2016) Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016 is on the floor with 4 amendments.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/06/20/feinstein-made-her-gun-control-bill-even

Only one presented by Sen Grassley.
    “Rather than restricting the rights of law-abiding Americans, we should be focusing on keeping guns out of the hands of violent criminals, which this legislation accomplishes,” Cruz said. “While the Obama Administration continues to politicize a terrible tragedy to push its anti-gun agenda, I am proud to stand beside my fellow senators to present common-sense measures that will increase criminal prosecutions of felons who try to buy guns, criminalize straw purchasing and gun trafficking, and address mental health issues.”

Amendments are 4751, 4749, 4750 and 4720. These will not be able to be read until 5 or so today. Maybe able to see on C-Span this afternoon after 5 pm

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

One of the files queried by NICS contained within NCIC is the KST File. The KST File is populated by the Terrorist Screening Center (TSC) with descriptive identities maintained on persons who are known terrorists or for whom there is a reasonable suspicion that they are terrorists. This file is a subset of the full consolidated watchlist managed by the TSC, known as the Terrorist Screening Database, or TSDB. The TSDB also exports other subsets to other authorized screening points—such as the no-fly list used at U.S. and foreign airports. Any NICS query that results in a “hit” in the KST File automatically causes that transaction to be transferred to a NICS Legal Instruments Examiner

The issue with KST is the words "reasonable suspicion" and the definition or who or what agency is determination of this? Where is the "due Process"?

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I SAY LET THEM HAVE IT. WHEN THEY PUT THE WHOLE OF COMMUNITIES LIKE MDS ON THE LIST, THEN WE'LL HAVE EVIDENCE. THEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE.
    Caps lock over.

:thumbsup:

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

Caps lock over.

That's correct. They get flagged, but the DOJ won't do its job. So in the end, it's just "easier" to suspend everyone's rights.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Procedural vote in Senate just now "For increased Federal spending on amendment of background checks", Failed. mostly by democrats
    and yep, Mikulski and Cardin voted NO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom