• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Giffords Law Center is pushing MGA to adopt a license for people to buy ammo, microstamping requirements for firearms, and more local authority to regulate firearms.

This is one of the law firms that pushed for Maryland to ban magazines with a capacity of 30rd of more for sale/transfer/purchase in MD, red flag law, and ban on 'assault weapons', and they have been successful in all 3 efforts.

https://giffords.org/lawcenter/gun-laws/states/maryland/

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Giffords Law Center is pushing MGA to adopt a license for people to buy ammo, microstamping requirements for firearms, and more local authority to regulate firearms.

This is one of the law firms that pushed for Maryland to ban magazines with a capacity of 30rd of more for sale/transfer/purchase in MD, red flag law, and ban on 'assault weapons', and they have been successful in all 3 efforts.

https://giffords.org/lawcenter/gun-laws/states/maryland/
    Ironic, they give Maryland a scorecard of A-, and they still screech for more infringements

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Background check or no background check, why do the mail order gun/ammo dealers send me all these emails with great deals only to find out that every single item on sale is out of stock! I don’t believe they were even in stock when they sent the email. They definitely won’t sell to us if something doesn’t turn around soon.

basspro/cabelas always send me an email after i have gone online looking at some of their primers or other oos items, asking me if i'm still interested, you'd think they would filter out oos stuff...

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Ironic, they give Maryland a scorecard of A-, and they still screech for more infringements

criminals need to be free to walk the streets without a single gun out there making them commit more violent crime.

isn't what all this background check and related bullsh1t is about? they want to give everyone a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th...) chance but don't trust them quite enough so 'hope' that background checks will keep guns out of their hands.

david0715

Sep 14, 2020
    Gun control:

Making criminals safer one law at a time.

Criminal lives matter!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Someday people will realize politicians don't actually have any power except for what we the people allow them to have. Until then we will get our background checks or go without new ammo.

At what point do the people revoke the consent to be governed?

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    The phone number and email address for every member of the judiciary committee, call early and call often,, let them know that you know they are doing nothing about crime.

https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/06hse/html/com/05jud.html

Someday people will realize politicians don't actually have any power except for what we the people allow them to have. Until then we will get our background checks or go without new ammo.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Or we will road trip to PA.

We are getting past the point where the ballot box is useful, at least in MD. The jury box is still in motion, but is painfully slow. The ammo box is always the very last resort. We aren't there yet. I have always thought that when we get there, events will make it glaringly obvious.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Or we will road trip to PA.

If they copy the CA law, that will become illegal too, just like purchasing alcoholic beverages across state lines where taxes are lower. The Comptroller's office is not above sending spies to the parking lots across the line and having cars stopped as they enter MD.

This is going to be terrible for ammo pricing.

Its a sword that cuts both ways. A lot of people will just not buy ammo because they don't have permission of the crown, that will hold the price down against the places that think they have a monopoly and jack the price up.

I'm sure there would be more than one VERY smart gun shop in MD that has occaisional mega sales. "Bring your HQL or C&R this weekend to our truckload sale!" There may even be a reason to go to a gun show in MD again.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I kinda call BS on this one for a few reasons.

Immigrants are 2:1 voting blue.
    Immigrants have FAR more children than conservative Americans do.
    Elections aren’t exactly legit so... real votes may not count for jack s**t in the future.
    All the stupid people I see having kids young, kids before marriage, kids as single mothers, the VAST majority vote blue, and vote blue because they are low information, unintelligent, sheep, who due to the circumstances (circumstances created by government policies) they are born into tend to rely on the government far more than the average conservative finds acceptable.

Now ad a whopping dollop of media (that does nothing but lie and cover for one party, and is a nearly uniform propaganda tool) and you have a nation that is forever treading left.

The stats do not lie. The average republican today is closer to 2008 Obama than the average democrats is to 2020 Biden. This is a never ending march to the left.

Conservatism is dead. It’s being bred out, educated out, and voted out.

Back to the topic...
    BG checks for ammo is inevitable as the state wants a monopoly on power.

No lies detected.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Yep! I agree . As far as flying under radar I understand that they can figure it out but damn if I’m gonna help them. Heck that one Democrat political guy think it was last year calling a fellow a terrorist and wanting to dox him I believe it’s called . That’s scary .

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    If they copy the CA law, that will become illegal too, just like purchasing alcoholic beverages across state lines where taxes are lower. The Comptroller's office is not above sending spies to the parking lots across the line and having cars stopped as they enter MD.

Its a sword that cuts both ways. A lot of people will just not buy ammo because they don't have permission of the crown, that will hold the price down against the places that think they have a monopoly and jack the price up.

I'm sure there would be more than one VERY smart gun shop in MD that has occaisional mega sales. "Bring your HQL or C&R this weekend to our truckload sale!" There may even be a reason to go to a gun show in MD again.

MD is a lot smaller than CA. CA already has agricultural checkpoints at all the major highways where they inspect incoming cars for ferrets, fruit, guns, etc, so they just phone ahead to give those cars an extra look-over. Seeing a license plate at Cabelas isn't reasonable suspicion for a traffic stop unless they follow you into the store, watch you buy ammo, then keep their eyes on you the rest of the day to be sure you do not shoot it at an out-of-state range or give it to a friend.

Hell, I would have some fun with that. I'd buy 500 rounds of 9mm while wearing MD-themed t-shirt, wave to the MD state trooper and ask if he wants my cart, go have lunch in Newark (ensuring to pick a spot he can park right behind me), then drive 55 to PA to visit family and give'em their birthday present.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    MD is a lot smaller than CA. CA already has agricultural checkpoints at all the major highways where they inspect incoming cars for ferrets, fruit, guns, etc, so they just phone ahead to give those cars an extra look-over. Seeing a license plate at Cabelas isn't reasonable suspicion for a traffic stop unless they follow you into the store, watch you buy ammo, then keep their eyes on you the rest of the day to be sure you do not shoot it at an out-of-state range or give it to a friend.

Hell, I would have some fun with that. I'd buy 500 rounds of 9mm while wearing MD-themed t-shirt, wave to the MD state trooper and ask if he wants my cart, go have lunch in Newark (ensuring to pick a spot he can park right behind me), then drive 55 to PA to visit family and give'em their birthday present.

How exactly are they legally searching vehicles? Nobody is searching my car without a warrant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom