• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midnightSGT

Oct 17, 2013
    Calvert County
    Midway USA has Hornandy 55 Gr. FMJ .223 Bullets in stock. (100) count boxes with a limit of 20. I just received a E Mail from them and placed a order and received a shipping notification.

HURRY!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Not sure if Redeye reloading still has them, but I just picked up 500 Hornady 55gr for $60 shipped. That is cheaper than Midway. Not in the fancy red boxes, but those just take up extra space.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Not sure if Redeye reloading still has them, but I just picked up 500 Hornady 55gr for $60 shipped. That is cheaper than Midway. Not in the fancy red boxes, but those just take up extra space.

In Stock
    Wes... has some (Sages Reloading) 1 buck cheaper than Midway
    And Midsouth.... have fun...
    ...that's ...all folks......

Out.....
    Recob had some (but out now :innocent0:innocent0:innocent0) 4 bucks cheaper than Midway
    Nik's out now... (Redeye)

Both Nik and Wes are stand up guys, great people, have bought from them for a long time..

-Rock

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Man, Everglades is smoking some good stuff. I know they've never been one of the cheapest out there, but their price jacking on reloading components is getting insane. If they had primers I'd consider their 25-50% premium over the other big primer sellers wouldn't be that insane. But looking at their bullets, its a premium on almost everyone out there, with everyone having stock. Same with their brass. Heck, their range pickup brass is like 15-20c a case for common handgun cases.

I just saw they have 75 SEVENTY FIVE 125gr .308 bullets. Unknown provenance, quality, etc. They say that specifically. On clearance for $49 for the 75. They have 28 total 178gr .308 match bullets on clearance for $35 for the 28 bullets.

What in gods name are they smoking?

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Man, Everglades is smoking some good stuff. I know they've never been one of the cheapest out there, but their price jacking on reloading components is getting insane. If they had primers I'd consider their 25-50% premium over the other big primer sellers wouldn't be that insane. But looking at their bullets, its a premium on almost everyone out there, with everyone having stock. Same with their brass. Heck, their range pickup brass is like 15-20c a case for common handgun cases.

I just saw they have 75 SEVENTY FIVE 125gr .308 bullets. Unknown provenance, quality, etc. They say that specifically. On clearance for $49 for the 75. They have 28 total 178gr .308 match bullets on clearance for $35 for the 28 bullets.

What in gods name are they smoking?

Somewhere, sometime, someone is paying those prices. And as long as they are, places like this will continue to charge those prices.

midnightSGT

Oct 17, 2013
    Calvert County
    Mid south Shooters supply sent me a notification that they have rifle bullets in stock. I checked their page and they have hornandy 55 gr FMJ 250 count boxes. .10 a piece.

Hurry

gwfrench

Aug 21, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    Still there. For 1000, cost works out to 11.8 cents a bullet (with $11 shipping, 6% sales tax).
    As good a price as I've seen. Works out same cost as RMR.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    RMR announced price increases, most of you existing customers are probably already aware, but get you orders in this weekend if you want to get in ahead of the increase.

"First, I have waited as long as I feel is safe to wait to raise prices. One of the things we cannot control in the bullet industry is commodity prices. Copper and lead prices fluctuate a bit but usually within a pretty good margin of error so we can set a price for our finished products and have some reasonable expectation to not have to change it. Usually, if there is a huge spike it tumbles right back down again to where we can manage. Well, since April the cost of copper has steadily risen almost every day. We are now paying about a $1.50 more per lb of copper than we were in April. Since we started manufacturing four years ago we have never seen copper get this high. We are currently going through about 40,000 lbs of copper each month. That means we are now losing about $60,000 a month in just the increase in copper cost. Lead has recently taken a small spike as well but I don't see it going as high as copper. That said, we are doing about 120,000 lbs of lead a month and a 15 cent increase per lb is $18,000. Anyway, this is a long way for me to show you why I've been forced to consider a price increase. In the end, it amounts to between $6-$8 more for us to produce 1,000 bullets. We've held on for about as long as we can. The copper spike does not appear to be slowing down. I will be changing prices on all our in-house products at the beginning of January. We have checked the prices of our competitors and it seems most of them have already more than taken advantage of the increase in demand. Our new pricing should still be considerably lower than most of our competition.

I'm giving you a few days to put in orders before I change the prices. This means we are going to get a TON of orders between today and the beginning of the new year. Please expect a long wait time for shipping on the orders placed between now and then. Especially if you order 115 or 124 FMJ RN. Those are currently about 12 weeks out. "

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    RMR announced price increases, most of you existing customers are probably already aware, but get you orders in this weekend if you want to get in ahead of the increase.

"First, I have waited as long as I feel is safe to wait to raise prices. One of the things we cannot control in the bullet industry is commodity prices. Copper and lead prices fluctuate a bit but usually within a pretty good margin of error so we can set a price for our finished products and have some reasonable expectation to not have to change it. Usually, if there is a huge spike it tumbles right back down again to where we can manage. Well, since April the cost of copper has steadily risen almost every day. We are now paying about a $1.50 more per lb of copper than we were in April. Since we started manufacturing four years ago we have never seen copper get this high. We are currently going through about 40,000 lbs of copper each month. That means we are now losing about $60,000 a month in just the increase in copper cost. Lead has recently taken a small spike as well but I don't see it going as high as copper. That said, we are doing about 120,000 lbs of lead a month and a 15 cent increase per lb is $18,000. Anyway, this is a long way for me to show you why I've been forced to consider a price increase. In the end, it amounts to between $6-$8 more for us to produce 1,000 bullets. We've held on for about as long as we can. The copper spike does not appear to be slowing down. I will be changing prices on all our in-house products at the beginning of January. We have checked the prices of our competitors and it seems most of them have already more than taken advantage of the increase in demand. Our new pricing should still be considerably lower than most of our competition.

I'm giving you a few days to put in orders before I change the prices. This means we are going to get a TON of orders between today and the beginning of the new year. Please expect a long wait time for shipping on the orders placed between now and then. Especially if you order 115 or 124 FMJ RN. Those are currently about 12 weeks out. "
    After reading about their upcoming price increases, I figure that will put them closer to direct competition with Xtreme.

Just got my order for 1K 115s and still awaiting 1K 124s. I should have done like others and put in an order every month just to keep them coming in regularly. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom