• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPQM

May 21, 2014
    I've seen the post about the restrictions on testimony; but does anyone have any idea what's on the docket for 2021, besides "the usual" shit that always comes back like Long Gun Qualification License, etc etc etc?

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    They do what they want with nobody looking -

‘’The Senate plans to limit live video testimony on bills to just a handful of proponents and opponents who largely would be designated by lawmakers. The House will allow people to sign up for speaking slots the day before hearings.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DitchDoctor

Oct 30, 2020
    Could you provide a source or article for that please?

They do what they want with nobody looking -

‘’The Senate plans to limit live video testimony on bills to just a handful of proponents and opponents who largely would be designated by lawmakers. The House will allow people to sign up for speaking slots the day before hearings.”

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Almost certainly an overturn of Hogan's veto of the no private long gun xfer bill.
    Or they'll pass a new one and override. UBCs are going to be a thing, alas. We'll be lucky to dodge an LGQL.

I definitely think they're going to take another pass at unserialized firearms, too. Maybe this time they'll actually think through what happened to the last bills on that topic and write one that takes that into account, but I'm skeptical.

I am a little skeptical that they'll take a serious swing at expanding the AWB or mag restrictions. The legislature seems relatively happy with how that's gone, and there haven't been any big headlines to push them in that direction. We may see a bill or two, but probably not something with much support.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    They'll do as much damage to the rights of the conservative minority as they can, while probably writing such poor bills out of ignorance and spite as to render at least some of them useless and unenforceable.

The lack of citizen opposition will not make much difference in the outcome, as they ignore as much of it as possible anyway.

It may actually work in our favor, as (hopefully) the testimony provided in opposition, coming from limited yet informed sources, may prove more difficult to ignore, and not get lost in the "noise" of ordinary citizens expressing their opinions. But I doubt it.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I definitely think they're going to take another pass at unserialized firearms, too. Maybe this time they'll actually think through what happened to the last bills on that topic and write one that takes that into account, but I'm skeptical.

Almost certainly. Based on JPC Chairman Smith's comments during last years' hearings, I'd expect a registration mechanism for homemade firearms, similar to California. The cost of the bureaucracy to support that seemed to be the only thing holding them back last year.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    MGA to us:

7a409551-7027-4651-92a7-78d89688a4df.jpg

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    I expect the Trump loss combined with fury over ACB will have the usual suspects foaming at the bit. That said, it seems like media coverage of mass casualty events is the most common driver for infringement - if we can avoid any major shooting events through April I expect they will be focused on "Social Justice" topics and assaulting LE... My money is one: override on the long gun transfer, another try at UCB (via LGQL), homemade firearms, and standard capacity magazines. I could also see an attack on ammunition in the same vein as California...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm skeptical that standard cap mags are on the table. I know there have been bills in the past, but they've basically been either throwaways or withdrawn.

Online ammo sales ban is terrifying, but at least I could personally bypass that by shipping it to my office in VA. On the plus side, I do think hearing serious competition shooters testify against it WOULD make the MGA think twice about it.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    There are some Dems in the MGA that don’t have the stomach for overreaching gun control. Doesn’t mean it still won’t happen but some of their dream stuff doesn’t get passed because they aren’t all nut bags like Lee and Atterbeary

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    But Testimony has already been greatly limited , so they don't have to be bothered by Testimony from Serfs, er Citizens .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom