• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I woke up this morning thinking about an old shotgun. It came from my mother-in-law when she dies 20 years ago. I'd forgotten about it until we found it atop a closet shelf a few months ago.

Today, I thought to clean it up and do a little research. Some Ballistol and wax, nothing radical.

The wife says it was her father's or step-father's. It functions; opens easily and, after a little oil, the hammer comes back and drops with the trigger. The bore looks very good with only a little wear at the throat.

Value wise, it's nothing much. $100-$200.

Patent date is 1900. Style and marking (.410-12mm) indicate manufacture between 1924 and 1937.

The wife says it's OK to display it.

20200503_145243_resized.jpg

20200503_135609_resized.jpg

20200503_135632_resized.jpg

20200503_144710_resized.jpg

20200503_135734_resized.jpg

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Very nice. Go out and shoot it! Post some pictures, once you display it.

There’s just something about old single shot shotguns, I really like. Probably has something to do with my grandfather giving me one, in 12 gauge, when I was about 12 years old.

I still take a single shot along with me a few times a year, squirrel hunting. It’s so light and handy, nothing carries better.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Very nice. Go out and shoot it! Post some pictures, once you display it.

There’s just something about old single shot shotguns, I really like. Probably has something to do with my grandfather giving me one, in 12 gauge, when I was about 12 years old.

I still take a single shot along with me a few times a year, squirrel hunting. It’s so light and handy, nothing carries better.

I agree. The ss shotgun, along with the ss bolt action .22 were part of growing up and being given responsibility by ones elders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom