• rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I was thinking about 1 of these or an rmr/leupold deltapoint pro, to add to my grand power stribog.

Think they’d be a good match?

Leupold seems like quickest dot acquisition from what I see, but battery life sucks

I like something with a big window for a rifle/sbr. Sig Romeo comes to mind. Maybe the SRO, but there'r better sights out there IMO.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I have an early viper 6 moa dot. It came kind of broken (flickered) and a battery contact snapped off when I tried to mount it to my G34. I need to get around to sending it back to vortex for repair/replacement but I'm not sure what I'd do with a 6moa dot at this point. I like a finer primary aiming point than that, and the EOTech style donut of death picks up way faster for me than a fat dot. I'll either mount it on a shotgun or sell it once I get it fixed. The faulty item notwithstanding, if I had it to do over again I would not have bought it due to the large dot.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have an early viper 6 moa dot. It came kind of broken (flickered) and a battery contact snapped off when I tried to mount it to my G34. I need to get around to sending it back to vortex for repair/replacement but I'm not sure what I'd do with a 6moa dot at this point. I like a finer primary aiming point than that, and the EOTech style donut of death picks up way faster for me than a fat dot. I'll either mount it on a shotgun or sell it once I get it fixed. The faulty item notwithstanding, if I had it to do over again I would not have bought it due to the large dot.

Same exact problem with a Sparc. Gotta get off my ass and ship it back. :cool:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Cheapest pistol optic that's worth buying is the HS407C. I've had a lot of good luck with the Burris FF3, but would not recommend it for anyone buying a new optic. I definitely would not advise buying a Vortex Viper/Venom or Sig Romeo1 (non-Pro), as those seem to have consistent reliability and glare issues (when shooting with the sun coming directly into the optic).

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    glare issues (when shooting with the sun coming directly into the optic).

I hear about the glare issue every now and then but is it any worse than shooting with iron sights with the same angle of the sun?
    I ask bc I was using peep sights one day indoors and the glare of the overhead lights completely washed out the rear sight. But I never hear people talk about glare on irons.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I hear about the glare issue every now and then but is it any worse than shooting with iron sights with the same angle of the sun?
    I have no idea, but since there are pistol optics that don't suffer from this issue, you may as well buy ones that don't suck.

It is a real thing, incidentally - watched a buddy who is no slouch as a pistol shooter shoot like 2-3 feet low because he mistook the glare reflection of the dot as the real deal.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    Military, Vet and L/E get about 45% off Leupold if you sign up for their VIP (free) program. You can buy between 2-5 a yer depending which program you are eligible for.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Military, Vet and L/E get about 45% off Leupold if you sign up for their VIP (free) program. You can buy between 2-5 a yer depending which program you are eligible for.
    Cool! I thought it was only military.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom