• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Never mind. Got it in from the left side. I can see where it shaved off a piece of the frame.

Assembling a Polymer80 Glock. The locking block pin does NOT line up.

I've had to enlarge the locking block slot to get to the point shown. The frame holes align. The locking block appears fully seated.

Do I remove more from the locking block? Get a new locking block?

Any help would be appreciated. I think I'm waiting for the 80 Percent Arms kit.

Thanks.

G17 1.jpg
    The locking block wants to force the pin out of alignment with the frame hole.

G17 2.jpg

G17 3.jpg
    The pin is not aligned with the hole. I can see the edge of the pin. The photo isn't the best.

InkedG17 4_LI.jpg
    The arrow shows where I've removed material to get the pin through. Remove more?

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Were you able to get the other pins through(trigger pin, forward pin, etc)?

That top pin is the easiest of the three. You tried manually pushing it down as you tap it through?

HSTD

Mar 25, 2020
    Clear Spring
    kind of hard to tell from the pics. are you sure the locking block is fully seated? haver you measured their location from the top of the frame to make sure they are level with each other?

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Have you tried it from the other side?

Yes, the locking blockis a major issue.

Were you able to get the other pins through(trigger pin, forward pin, etc)?

I haven't tried the pins but the holes line up fine.

That top pin is the easiest of the three. You tried manually pushing it down as you tap it through?

Yes, but it's hard to provide sufficient leverage while holding the pin and tapping it wit the heel of my high-heeled pump.

kind of hard to tell from the pics. are you sure the locking block is fully seated? haver you measured their location from the top of the frame to make sure they are level with each other?

It does seem to be level and seated but I'm thinking of grinding a tiny bit off the bottom to make sure.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Google Marine Gun Builder. He also has a page on Facebook. He is an expert on the Poly80 and has amazing videos which address all issue types. He is the go-to on Poly issues.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Google Marine Gun Builder. He also has a page on Facebook. He is an expert on the Poly80 and has amazing videos which address all issue types. He is the go-to on Poly issues.

Did you not notice the carefully drilled and burnished holes? Did you not see the pins polished with Flitz and Mother's? I'm already a fan.

I'll try and post to the MGB Facebook page in a bit.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Just watched one of his vids. It's funny how we have arrived at the same conclusions and similar remedies. I subscribed just the same and later I'll watch all of his videos.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This problem is common on the G19 frames and the reason after drilling the holes on each side using a drill press(I know, MGB doesn't approve:o), I then run a hand drill all the way through the gun frame to remove any deflection in the holes. That step has served me well.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I'd grind a pin a bit to help it ease into a hole before grinding hole I want to ease it into if that makes sense. In other words...slightly bevel the edge of the pin.

I don't know from experience because I have not done a single 80%, but that's what my friend said when I read your post to him.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    This problem is common on the G19 frames and the reason after drilling the holes on each side using a drill press(I know, MGB doesn't approve:o), I then run a hand drill all the way through the gun frame to remove any deflection in the holes. That step has served me well.

The only problem with this is that you can have loose pin holes. The reason I thought they said to not drill it with a press is because that slight deflection from using a hand drill helps retain the pin. Speculation based on my friends experience. After doing a few of them some With press and some without. This is the non scientific observation.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The only problem with this is that you can have loose pin holes. The reason I thought they said to not drill it with a press is because that slight deflection from using a hand drill helps retain the pin. Speculation based on my friends experience. After doing a few of them some With press and some without. This is the non scientific observation.

Loose pins is more of a problem from egg shaped holes(I don't have that problem) and or removing metal around the pin holes(which I never do). I actually have more problems with tight pin holes in the poly. MGB doesn't like drill presses because he says they crack frames. I haven't experienced tht yet, but I have experienced problems with the garbage drill bits supplies by P80 and have ordered better bits.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I usually lay the frame on top of the x y vise with light pressure(just enough to not let it spin in my hand but still move) and line the drill bit up with the hole and allow the drill bit to self center on the guild hole. This way if I'm not lined up perfectly, the hole is still in the correct place.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I usually lay the frame on top of the x y vise with light pressure(just enough to not let it spin in my hand but still move) and line the drill bit up with the hole and allow the drill bit to self center on the guild hole. This way if I'm not lined up perfectly, the hole is still in the correct place.

Me too. :thumbsup:

I've got better bits on the way(like I really needed another drill bit set:rolleyes:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom