• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't know anything about these, but in the 5th picture you have, the firing pin safety appears to be in the slide farther than it should be....is the extractor installed correctly?

Good eye PP!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    The hump on the bar for the poly 80 is IMO notoriously too high compared to a genuine Glock. I saw it on mine as well as other friends. To illustrate one being excessively high, I have taken a sharpie and colored in the area to The front of the plunger on the slide then slid the slide back and forth while pulling the trigger and the hump rubs and wipes out the marking. On one of my friends you could see the slide cant counterclockwise as he started to pull the trigger. Had to file it down. Again, if all was good when running the slide without the plunger in, it was fine.
    Also when doing a trigger reset test (hold trigger down as you pull back slide and release slide) you could see I slide struggle returning back and sometimes stalling just as the barrel was popping up.

Has to file hump down then get the original shape and then buff with sand paper and flitz to polish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The hump on the bar for the poly 80 is IMO notoriously too high compared to a genuine Glock. I saw it on mine as well as other friends. To illustrate one being excessively high, I have taken a sharpie and colored in the area to The front of the plunger on the slide then slid the slide back and forth while pulling the trigger and the hump rubs and wipes out the marking. On one of my friends you could see the slide cant counterclockwise as he started to pull the trigger. Had to file it down. Again, if all was good when running the slide without the plunger in, it was fine.
    Also when doing a trigger reset test (hold trigger down as you pull back slide and release slide) you could see I slide struggle returning back and sometimes stalling just as the barrel was popping up.

Has to file hump down then get the original shape and then buff with sand paper and flitz to polish

This is one of the main reasons I fill my P80s with OEM Glock internals.

https://www.armorally.com/?s=glock&post_type=product

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    So, I looked through my pics of when I was fitting a poly 80 and the point where the hump hits the plunger is much further in than the OP is experiencing a problem.

But to show what I am talking about here are pictures showing the rub you get on a slide by the hump being too high.

cf16e59e0dd2f91ce79ef57a031c9635.jpg

I put the drill jug across the front and rear blocks to show how high it is before filing compared to a stock G17

fa86b6fa28a7290c2e6218324271aa09.jpg

a39c93bb988208d4bb3dce28b3c19bcf.jpg

Then to test after filing, use sharpie . To verify. Keep trigger pressed and repeat to make sure it’s not scraping. But don’t take off too much or it won’t depress the plunger and your pistol won’t fire

707c8d1fb7f636a5c0cf2ab016619732.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom